• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help 1 of my rabbits isn't eating!

my gorgeous rex cross Roxy hasnt't eaten anything today; she's always had such a healthy appetite too
She seems ok though, still nosy and playing with Roger but shes a bit more nervous than usual. Her bum is clean, her tummy fells normal and her teeth are fine too.Her routine hasn't changed either and she's had no trauma or stress that I'm aware of.
Any ideas what's wrong with her?
Thanks xx

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave:

you should take your rabbit to the vet immediately even if it means using their out-of-hours service. Once a rabbit stops eating they can decline extremely rapidly and the sooner they get professional medical help, the better.

It could be due to various reasons, maybe she has a buildup of gas in her tummy, or a blockage, or if her teeth are hurting her it could be too painful to eat. Only the vet will be able to tell what is the problem and give the appropriate treatment.

good luck :wave:

I agree with Clutterydraw I'm afraid. It really is best to get your bun to the vet tonight so that she can get some help. Rabbits really go down hill fast when they stop eating. xx

I know it seems extreme but please take your bun to the vet. I've had my fair share of tummy problems with my Charlie and the key really is to get them to a vet as soon as possible and get them eating! My Charlie stopped eating after his VHD and is only just getting back to normal a few months later :(

i've just tempted her with some kale and hse's eaten quite a bit so I'm gona see how she gets on when I give her breakfast in the morning and if she's still not back to normal I'll take her to the vets. fingers crossed though!
thanks guys x

my gorgeous rex cross Roxy hasnt't eaten anything today; she's always had such a healthy appetite too
She seems ok though, still nosy and playing with Roger but shes a bit more nervous than usual. Her bum is clean, her tummy fells normal and her teeth are fine too.Her routine hasn't changed either and she's had no trauma or stress that I'm aware of.
Any ideas what's wrong with her?
Thanks xx

Is Roxy or Roger neutered?

Back