• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight gaining food

neenee

Warren Scout
My rabbit is very under-weight and she just wont put on weight. Shes had 2 dentals, been wormed and recently had a full diagnosis blood test to try and find the source but nothing was found. I just have no clue what could be wrong with her. She eats fine and she bounces around (although shes never been a binky bun) shes very confident too but there is not a spec of fat on her! She has quite a sensitive stomach so i tend to stick to just pellets and hay with a little veg now and then. So basically, what fattening foods can i feed her that wont go right through her? Oats? Thanks for any advice! :wave: :)

Bread.. but it is not that healthy

I'm not sure thats a good idea tbh - personally I would just increase the quantity pellets slightly and add a bit of high calorie mix like Chudleys Rabbit Royale and with offering maybe a small piece of banana every other day or a piece of hobnob it should help. I would also invest in some Oat/Wheat and Barley hay from the Hayexperts if I were you. What 'greens' are you feeding?

Back