• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns upset your other animals?

My cats are in a mood, they have ignored me since we adopted two 8 week old bunny bundles last week! I'm a bit concerned as although they are eating, drinking and being otherwise normal their poo's / litter tray use has decreased. They're house cats who go out a couple of times a week for a play in daylight whilst we are in. They panic if the door and window isn't open as they once got attacked by next doors escaped dogs, so we can't let them out when we are not home. They haven't been out yet this week cos of their poo issue i'm trying to monitor it. Wormed flea treated, had jabs etc. The point i'm eventually getting to is do you think it's the new buns that have upset them, as the baby buns are in the house gettin A lot of attention. Its never bothered the cats before we have had plenty of buns here. We already have two other house buns so its not a total culture shock for the cats. I cant think of wat else may hate upset them, off to vets tomorrow just incase its a kitty fur ball thing, but just wondered if any one elses animals react to a new pet? Sorry its a long post :oops:

I can't rule out any health issues for your cats, but, my cat Cleo is the sulkiest cat I know!

When I went to uni I lived away and came back every couple of weekends, and she would ignore me for at least the first day I was back. My cat is one of two sisters that we bought home together, and when we got a kitten a good few years later, she got so stressed out with the whole situation that she actually wee'd down the side of my bed! Which is something she had never done before and hasn't done since. Cleo is quite highly strung though, bless her, and she doesn't like me to not be at the very least sitting with her, if not stroking her at all times :roll: So whenever I bring another furry creature home, she does get into a strop about it for a couple of days or so. As I type, she is laying next to me :love:

Yours might be using their litter tray less because they're avoiding coming out of their safe place in case they meet the newbies. If it is just a behaviour thing, they'll adjust soon enough :)

xxx

Thanks, im feeling a bit more reassured now. They're nearly eight and have had bunny companions since 3. They will lie on my lap with one of our other house buns, two cats and a bun can get A bit uncomfortable lol. I've been trying to make extra effort so they don't feel left out but they think something is going on and scowl before running thinking its wormer or flea drop time! The one new bun is timid and very small the runt of a litter no doubt, so we are keeping the cats at a distance from her-our male cat is huge and i'm worried he will flop over for a fuss and squash her. For some reason he flops onto his back whenever a bun shows him any interest :) thanks again, i've got a vets appointment booked so i'm going to assess their poos in the morning and take them if there's still no huge stinkers lurking :shock::lol::D

Back