• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Buzzby

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
Im hoping Ive done this properly, and here is a few pics of my fuzzy wuzzy buzzby. My BF took these, I think he did a good job.

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0423.jpg

DSCF0414.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Buzzby is lovely :love::love: Look at his 'ickle tongue :)

He was after some yummy thistle thing. He is the most awesome bunny, not that I didnt love my previous bunnies, but other than one previous bun they all had minimal interest in humans. My old bugs bun was lovely with people but nowhere near as interactive as Buzzby. He cares not who it is, just as long as they give him loads of attention!

The little monster gave me a scare this morning, he had only about half the normal number of overnight poos in his litter tray and hadnt eaten his pellets. Once I let him out he proceeded to do lovely big healthy poos in his spot on the patio, and when I checked his hutch bed area, he had eaten well over half his hay :shock: No wonder he didnt want pellets!

The little monster gave me a scare this morning, he had only about half the normal number of overnight poos in his litter tray and hadnt eaten his pellets. Once I let him out he proceeded to do lovely big healthy poos in his spot on the patio, and when I checked his hutch bed area, he had eaten well over half his hay :shock: No wonder he didnt want pellets!

I'm glad your lovely chap is ok now. I would keep an eye on him though. Although it's great that he likes his hay, leaving pellets and craving hay/fibre is sometimes a sign that the bun's tummy is not quite right xx

Thanks, will keep an extra close eye on him. He's always been funny with pellets, he eats mix better but picks out the best bits and leaves the rest so i swapped to pellets. He noms the excel ones best, wouldnt touch any others I tried, but he's not got a massive appetite for them. Maybe I should put him back on mix? But then I worry he isnt getting all the essentials :?

He was having a mad moment in the kitchen today for some time as it was raining this morning so he wouldnt leave his hutch.

Thanks, will keep an extra close eye on him. He's always been funny with pellets, he eats mix better but picks out the best bits and leaves the rest so i swapped to pellets. He noms the excel ones best, wouldnt touch any others I tried, but he's not got a massive appetite for them. Maybe I should put him back on mix? But then I worry he isnt getting all the essentials :?

He was having a mad moment in the kitchen today for some time as it was raining this morning so he wouldnt leave his hutch.

Does he get much in the way of grass and green veg/ leaves? If so I wouldn't worry too much if he doesn't eat pellets- there aren't essential. If he continues to leave his pellets it would be worth a check up with the vets just to rule out an underlying problem e.g. dental problems which might be making it difficult for him to eat his pellets xx

Teeth have been checked and are repeat checked when he goes for jabs, he has wonderful teeth. He has loads of grass, not unlimited but between the people who cuddle him during the day he gets given a lot :lol: He has a reasonable variety of greens, although I try to stick to more natural foodstuffs, like the edible weeds, bramble leaves, apple leaves etc and less of the veggie based stuffs. He gets a little of whatever we have going for dinner each day, or whatever needs eating up before it goes off, but he doesnt like it as much as the piggies do. He has a thing for raisins, which he has as a treat on occasions. He is due both VHD and myxi in the next few weeks so should have another checkup on the teeth, although fronts are definitely still good. Took some more pics today but left the camera at home so I'll have to try and upload tomorrow!

Teeth have been checked and are repeat checked when he goes for jabs, he has wonderful teeth. He has loads of grass, not unlimited but between the people who cuddle him during the day he gets given a lot :lol: He has a reasonable variety of greens, although I try to stick to more natural foodstuffs, like the edible weeds, bramble leaves, apple leaves etc and less of the veggie based stuffs. He gets a little of whatever we have going for dinner each day, or whatever needs eating up before it goes off, but he doesnt like it as much as the piggies do. He has a thing for raisins, which he has as a treat on occasions. He is due both VHD and myxi in the next few weeks so should have another checkup on the teeth, although fronts are definitely still good. Took some more pics today but left the camera at home so I'll have to try and upload tomorrow!

His diet sounds great- I doubt he's lacking any nutrients on his natural diet so I wouldn't worry about him not eating his pellets- mine are on a similar diet and they only get half an eggcupful of pellets each as a treat- they wolf them down like they're starving though- I think the difference is a bit of healthy competition between them- if they don't gobble their share quick smart it'll be too late :)

I was told not to bond my bun when I got him from the rescue, dont know if he came from fighting with another bun, but seems very friendly. I would love to have another with him, and as soon as I get a place of my own again he can go dating at some rescues. Until then he has to be spoilt on his own, not that it seems to bother him, and he has human contact regularly all day every day. Maybe some healthy competition will encourage his appetite when we move out :lol:

Back