• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zero has fractured and dislocated his toe UD Doing well

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
:( I have an appointment with the awful (but rabbit savvy) local vet at 4.50pm. I'm guessing not a lot can be done for him, just a shot of metacam?

He's limping but he is putting a bit of weight on his foot, and his toe is just bending straight backwards and forwards.

Oh noooo, poor Zero. How did he manage to do this? Sending mega get well vibes to his sore paw. :wave:

Dawn dislocated her toe when she was just under a year, she's fine now.
We had her on the pillow (she did it at like 3am) and with lots of her treats and water held up to her she kept hopping and sleeping on the pillow as if nothing wrong.
Just limit his space until he gets to vets and give him treats and fuss to pre-occupy him.
It only cost me £55 at my vets for an x-ray and meds. She only needed to take pain killers for four days afterwards.

Awwhh! How'd he do that? Silly bunneh! :roll::lol:

I hope the vet appointment will go ok. I'd assume he won't need too much in the way of treatment if it's just the one toe. :):wave:

ETA - Oops! Question answered, we posted at the same time! :oops:

Awwhh! How'd he do that? Silly bunneh! :roll::lol:

I hope the vet appointment will go ok. I'd assume he won't need too much in the way of treatment if it's just the one toe. :):wave:

ETA - Oops! Question answered, we posted at the same time! :oops:

:lol::lol: I know, silly little boy. We rang my regular vets and they said they didn't need to see him but we could bring him in if we wanted, but the other vets said we should definitely bring him down

Herbie has a damaged toe. It bends back and forwards alot when you move it.

He broke his metatarsal bone at the same time! The Metatarsal has mended its self, but his toe still has extreme movement when you manipulate it.

The Vet at the Royal D!ck animal hospital basically told me that it will either heal by its self, or it will remain damaged. He said that the operation to mend the toe tendons is rather intricate and intrusive. We have decided to leave it as it is. He seems to be managing fine. He did get some metacam for a week after he hurt his foot.

The Vet said that it may drag in the future, then it would need amputated. He said that this is a easier operation than the repair.

I hope Zero is ok xx

The vets will need to have a look at his foot. If they feel that it is just his toe then i dont think that the x-ray would help as it would just involve the same treatment in the end.

They would just have to have a feel of the foot in case he has hurt it anywhere else.

If your bun is insired then i would just get the x-ray to be sure, thats what i did :)

Oh no poor Zero :(

Hope he's ok Nic. I would think with such a tiny bone like that it will just need time to heal and some pain relief in the meantime. If a human breaks or dislocates a finger a splint or dressing would be put on to support it, but that would be impossible with such a teeny bunny bone.

Sending him loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no poor Zero :(

Hope he's ok Nic. I would think with such a tiny bone like that it will just need time to heal and some pain relief in the meantime. If a human breaks or dislocates a finger a splint or dressing would be put on to support it, but that would be impossible with such a teeny bunny bone.

Sending him loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, this is what I thought as well xxxxxxxxxxx

Back