• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess who put on weight

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
MAE DID :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::rabbit2:

in 6 days Mae has gone from weighing 750grams to 803grams!!!

efrktw.jpg

oooh - bless her - she is sooo ickle & cute!:love:

Curious now - excel is what I use for my girls - and was thinking of tyring out Oxbow - timithy basics due to the high fibre....Indiana needs to put on some weight without a messy bum...what did you try?

Does high fibre or high protein help them to gain weight?:D

oooh - bless her - she is sooo ickle & cute!:love:

Curious now - excel is what I use for my girls - and was thinking of tyring out Oxbow - timithy basics due to the high fibre....Indiana needs to put on some weight without a messy bum...what did you try?

Does high fibre or high protein help them to gain weight?:D

i think its the fibre that helps, im not sure thier diet should be high in protein :wave: for mae ive mixed some p@h junior and dwarf with her excel j&d pellets which ive softened and i also feed her porridge every couple of days :)

i think its the fibre that helps, im not sure thier diet should be high in protein :wave: for mae ive mixed some p@h junior and dwarf with her excel j&d pellets which ive softened and i also feed her porridge every couple of days :)

Thanks for that! No - I dont think their diet should be high in fibre either...but as they are oyung thought perhaps they need more protein for growing!:D Mine were on P@Hjunior pellets too - changed to excel after reading more on RU....may add Oxbow Timothy now though...will keep porridge in mind!
Do you cook it and leave to cool - then serve? How much in one helping?

Thanks for that! great news about Mae! wahooooooo!:D

Thanks for that! No - I dont think their diet should be high in fibre either...but as they are oyung thought perhaps they need more protein for growing!:D Mine were on P@Hjunior pellets too - changed to excel after reading more on RU....may add Oxbow Timothy now though...will keep porridge in mind!
Do you cook it and leave to cool - then serve? How much in one helping?

Thanks for that! great news about Mae! wahooooooo!:D

They do need a high fibre diet ;) hay is fibre, grass is fibre, pellets contain fibre :p
Boil kettle, leave it until its cold, get a TSP of oats (nothing added to them check they're just pure oats) poursome water into the bowl with the oats, leave for 10 mins then feed, only start with a little bit :)

Back