• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Circling bunny

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
Just had Lewis out in the living room and he came up to where I was sat on the floor and started hopping over my legs n walking on me, then he started circling me really fast, was rather freaky lol! He's circled my feet before. Then he started pooping (He never poos in the house anymore, only his cage. And when I stood up he followed me to the chair and kept running by my feet :? What is this crazed behaviour? I read that circling is mating behaviour :? But he's only 9/10 weeks old....

if he's not neutered, then this is almost certainly hormonal :)

Biccy did exactly this and makes an sweet 'honking' noise whilst doing it. Time to speak to the vet :)

He does still do it occasionally, but it tends to be only when he's really excitable!

Oh dear :? He didn't wanna stop, I was barefoot so I put the book I was reading round my foot because I thought he was gonna nip me lol!! And tht didn't deter him :lol: He was half circling around the book, semi circling haha! I have to wait a while til he can be neutured don't I, til 4 months? I've read that it costs around £50, is this true? I'm deffo going to get him done anyway.. He's going for his first vaccination tonight so I'll ask then :)

As he's too young to have been neutered already, I would say it's definitely hormonal and it's not unusual for hormones to be surfacing by this age.

It's quite sweet to watch and is your bunny's way of saying "I love you".... it's when he moves on to spraying pee over you and trying to hump your ankles that it's not quite so sweet. :lol::lol:

He can be neutered as soon as his plums have dropped, so best to have a chat with your vet. The circling is quite endearing, but he's probably feeling a little frustrated to have an urge that he can't fulfil, so neutering is a good thing. :):)

I have a wonderful vets and neutering my bunny was £35. I think he's pretty cheap for small pets, he does half a cat price for the anaesthetic cost to encourage people to treat their smaller pets.

Oh dear :? He didn't wanna stop, I was barefoot so I put the book I was reading round my foot because I thought he was gonna nip me lol!! And tht didn't deter him :lol: He was half circling around the book, semi circling haha! I have to wait a while til he can be neutured don't I, til 4 months? I've read that it costs around £50, is this true? I'm deffo going to get him done anyway.. He's going for his first vaccination tonight so I'll ask then :)

as Karen says, he can be neutered as soon as his plums drop and show :) Your vet will be able to check this for you when you go for the vacc tonight :) Yes, around £50 is about right. Mine came to £68 including go home meds (fiberplex+recovery food) and the post-op check 7 days after :)

I have to wait a while til he can be neutured don't I, til 4 months? I've read that it costs around £50, is this true? I'm deffo going to get him done anyway..

My vet will do it as soon as plums have dropped - from 14 weeks or so onwards, provided bun is otherwise healthy etc. :) Cost varies greatly - Alfie's neuter cost £45 a couple of years ago, I think the vet charges just over £50 now, but others pay higher.

Lol, and yes, if it carries on you might get a nip or two. :lol::lol::lol: They tend to grab on to the fur of the female when mouting, so it'll be your ankle that gets it. :lol::lol:

Hahaa, I thought it was funny when he was circling my bf a few days ago :lol: But circling me and pooping isn't as funny lol! Not looking forward to when he starts spraying :shock: :lol: As for the ankle thing, I feel like wearing boots around him now :lol::lol::lol:

Hahaa, I thought it was funny when he was circling my bf a few days ago :lol: But circling me and pooping isn't as funny lol! Not looking forward to when he starts spraying :shock: :lol: As for the ankle thing, I feel like wearing boots around him now :lol::lol::lol:

As a little re-assurance, Biccy never sprayed once, or nipped. He did hump though :) How endearing:lol:

Aaaargh he's just done it again!:lol: He was also biting and pulling my jeans earlier lol after coming and licking my face! I've only had him a week and 2 days :D he's not shy lol!

We had to get Barney neutered early, as he was kept with Poppet, it made him hormonal earlier. He seemed to take quite a liking to my blue fluffy slippers and would hump away at them.

I LOVE it when my boys do this. It's a rabbits way of saying "I love you" which to a rabbit means "you're my slave nao cos I likes you and I own you, you are now ma property and I DEMAND fussings and cuddles!"

Aww :love::lol:

The vet said he's starting early :shock: when I said he'd been circling me :| How old was your bun? Lewis is only 9 weeks :love:

Or stuffing cardboard down your socks ;)

Pooping is fine...watch out for spraying, not fun even in an outdoor bun!

Back