• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch with run attachments, pics, help

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Gah :shock: :lol:

I'm looking after my step mums rabbit in two weeks whilst she moves, shes going into temp rented for 2months and can't have any pets.
Shes got a hutch and a few runs so was thinking of attaching one of the runs to the hutch to give him more space.

I'm just looking at both hutch and run with great confussion. Does anyone have any pics of them so I can get a better idea of how to go about it. Also any input on best security. Will put him on some concrete slabs so hes not totally on ground level if we get alot of flooding rain etc but anything else I need to look out for and be aware of?

I put a cat flap in the back of my hutch, and then pushed the run upagainst the back of the hutch. You would need to remove the mesh from the side of the run that would sit up against the back of the hutch.

This is the run pushed up against the hutch.
441.jpg

And this is the cat flap from inside, going out into the run.
449.jpg

And this is the back of the hutch in the run.
I nailed some mesh to the bottom of the hutch so that the buns couldn`t escape through the gap that you can see at the bottom of the hutch.
442.jpg

Back