• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squee!! I want these two!!! Cuteness overload!!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
67047.jpg

http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/rehoming/animal/detail/id/136

Bonding four is easier than a trio right? :love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
They are two of our Lymington baby bunnies that went to Wood Green last Wednesday!

You clearly have good taste...............:D

Ah I thought (hoped) they might be! :love: I've sent an enquiry off about them, I wouldn't be able to take them until after I get back from my hols at the end of October though. I bet they will be snapped up before then. :cry:

Hey Duchess!

Hi,:wave:

Your mailbox is full :D Do you happen to know if these two little buns have any health problems at all? We're seriously thinking about adopting them if they are still available when (or can be reserved until) I get back from my trip. :love:

All the best

Jo

Hi all

Just an update. The Assistant Manager has said that they would pass the size of our enclosure. :D We have been told we would however need to provide the rabbits with more enrichment eg tunnels, cardboard boxes etc and also have some trays of turf for the rabbits and a few spare which we can then rotate to allow growth. :lol::shock: (More excuses to spend money on bunny toys- although the pics i sent were of the aviary before I added some platforms, tunnels etc to it.

She is concerned though about introducing 2 babies in with 2 adults and believes we would do much better with introducing one adult instead. I've mentioned that we can keep both pairs seperate for a few months until they are done and their hormones have died down though and also that we're open to adopting any of the other lymington lionhead buns if they have any like Julie and Jordan.

They want us to contact them once I'm back from holiday to see if the rabbits are still available then (as babies do tend to get reserved fairly quickly).:shock: :cry:

awww they are very cute :love: I would go for a foursome ;)

It'll be a shame if they do go though :cry: what size enclosure did they accept? what size is your avairy? Im just wondering that when I build mine whether it will be big enough!

Hi Kath!

The aviary is 6ft by 5 ft with some additional levels put in. The kennel is 8ft by 4ft so altogether it will be 10 ft by 5- 8ft with shelves in the kennel as well. So a pretty good space for four buns I hope. I bet they'll be gone by the time I get back though.:(

Hi Kath!

The aviary is 6ft by 5 ft with some additional levels put in. The kennel is 8ft by 4ft so altogether it will be 10 ft by 5- 8ft with shelves in the kennel as well. So a pretty good space for four buns I hope. I bet they'll be gone by the time I get back though.:(

I dont understand why you cant reserve them?? or do you not have room if the bond doesnt work? If you have room for 2 pairs I dont see why theres a problem? :(

Just that from 2nd October I'll be in South Africa for three weeks. Ian will be looking after the two buns we currently have. Prior to finding these two, we had reserved one of the baby Lionheads that Sky-O posted about that were at Martlesham. The only female in the litter, we named her Wingnut, and were due to pick her up on the 4th, but she died on the 2nd:cry:. Sadly, the loss of her put us back to square one. Sky-O recommended no bunny dates for three weeks just in case ether of mine got sick as they had been on a date with Wingnut.

Sprocket also has a digestive upset at the moment so it probably is a good idea to get him sorted before we get any more. Plus it looks like Ian will have to work the next two weekends coming and we had plans for this weekend just gone, (we work weekdays 8-5pm). So getting down to Wood Green isn't likely to be feasible before I go now. Plus I'd imagine we'd have to make two to three trips like with Martlesham.

I get back on the 24th, but we also have a family do in Manchester on the 5th/6th, November so I'd imaging we wouldn't adopt these new ones until we get back from that (although the first visit could be made on the weekend inbetween).

Three girls and a boy? could it work? they are 14 weeks right now so will need to be kept seperate I've been advised untl speyed at 6 months.

Update: both have been picked up and are settling in to their new home. They were good as gold on the way back and seem to be calm but a little perplexed as to their new surroundings.

Back