• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Training House Bunny

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
How do I train Lewis not to eat the carpet? He keeps digging and biting it :/ I read tht spraying a rabbit with a mist of water when they do something undesireable, is a good way to train them. How did you all train your house bunnies? :wave:

I just figured getting some things chewed and dug is par for the course with a house bun! If they have a particular place they like to dig you can put something over it. I have a roof tile in one corner of my lounge and for ages had slabs of wood on the carpet upstairs! I've found after they were neutered and as they get older they dont tend to be as destructive! Some people have a purpose made digging box with soil in! I have lots of animal blankets around and Dudley loves to dig them across the floor... he even has a favourite one!! I also have lots of cardboard boxes that I cut doors in and they keep themselves amused with those and various tunnels! Having said all that Dudley was digging at the carpet this morning and I had to distract him, bunnies will be bunnies :lol:

Gracie has ruined my stair carpet by digging it up :roll: i had to buy some cheap mats and put them over the areas she was digging it up to stop her, it worked. xxx

I brought him a woven grass mat that he might like to use instead of the floor lol! He has loads of toys n stuff to chew across the floor as well. Worried about his health if he enjoys eating carpet :? lol, also the fact my mum was going mad. The house I'm moving into has wood laminate flooring, hope he's ok on that as it's rented :shock: Another thing I've noticed is that he only uses his toys when he's out in the living room, he never touches them when they're in his cage!

Back