• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to buy new housing :)

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
I was thinking of getting a shed 8 by 6 with a large run like 10 by 6... Orrr a aviary... anybody know which one is better? what would you reccomend? Ummm andd any pics of your layoutss? I wont be getting it for about 3 months but i need to start thinking about what im going to buy because i need to save up etc.. I need the cheapest option available.. at the moment they live in a concrete shed so its brilliant but we are moving house which is a big huge garden but only has grass and theres no shed so obviously have to buy them new accomodation :)

I would really recommend a shed with an aviary attached. That's the best possible solution. :D

Last edited:
Okie dokieeeee thankyooou :) Do you know anywhere where i can buy a cheap shed? And you know the aviary what can i put ontop of the grass as a base? also you know the corners of the run the wood part do you have to cover them or dont the rabbits chew them?

I think aviaries are better than runs. With an aviary you can get in it. We're getting an aviary cos there's only one side the door for the shed can go and that'll be where the aviary is.

Last edited:
I think aviaries are better than runs. With an aviary you can get in it. We're getting an aviary cos there's only one side the door for the shed can go and that'll be where the aviary is.

Yeah it does sound better actually because ill be able to get in aswel :)

Shed and aviary sound best to me too if you have the space. What about this shed http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/BillyOh-Classic-Tongue-and-Groove-Apex

Has anyone has a bad experience with gardenbuildings direct? They seem pretty reasonable to me, what's the catch?

Ooo they are really good arent they ive been looking around the website im deffo thinking a 8 by 6 shed with a big avairy... Would it be cheaper to make my own aviary? and does anybody know what id need to buy to make one? Do you buy the panels off ebay and make one yourself or? I havent got a clue haha :L neeed to start saving though!! I havent got a pound 2 put towards it yet! Im saving from today =D

Do you know, what are them dog kennel things like? you know the ones with a shed and aviary already attatched? they any good? or does a shed with a aviary still win?

When i put turf ontop of the mesh on the floor of the aviary it wont poison the rabbits will it? whenn they eat it ??

Last edited:
I bought a second hand playhouse on ebay (with an upstairs for storage!!) & aviary panels so I could make it as big/any shape I wanted & cos it was cheaper than a kennel/run

But treating the wood alone (inside & out) has cost £100, the playhouse was £375, & the aviary panels £365

Plus then the sleepers/mesh to account for the garden being on a slope so being made stepped, the turf, the extra wood to line the playhouse, the rubber matting, the mesh under the turf & the two cat/dog flaps:roll::lol: Plus every weekend of my life being spent treating wood since May....:roll::evil::lol:

Back