• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dizzi is Seriously Hacked off with me now!!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Dizzi gets a lot of her fur knotted around her bum so I have to brush/comb her regularly ...... oh man does she not like this!! If I left it though it would get all matted I'm sure!

So, I brought her in for her combing, put her on her towel full of treats (various greens and some pellets).... brushed as gently as I could ..... popped her back in the hutch and she thumped at me .... and wouldn't even take a Fenugreek Crunchie off me - through the mesh!! :shock:

That must be one seriously hacked off bunny!! :(

Poor thing, I hate that she doesnt like it but I have no choice!! :?

Clo's bottom fur used to get matted when he was younger, so I got some very fine scissors and trimmed it rather than having to keep brushing it (just be careful not to go too close to the skin). My mum would hold him so that I could cut the fur safely.

That's a good idea, thanks ........ how often did you have to cut it?? Or once you'd done it once and it had grown back, did it not get quite so knotted again??

She seems to have forgiven me this morning ..... in fact she was scrabbling at my jeans and when I bent down she put her head down for a nose rub!! Normally she only sits still for about a 5 second fuss ... never mind actually asking for one!! It made me feel all warm inside!! :D

Maybe her hormones are sorting themselves out a bit!?! (spey was 4 wks ago tomorrow)!

Back