• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My heart stopped - I'd run out of Fenugreek Crunchies!!!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I had to drive out to the nearest pet store that opens late - 30 minutes each way - to make sure the boys had their 'fix' tonight....does that make me slightly bonkers? :oops:

You just wait for the stress when you're down to the last few crunchies and the store that sells them has run out :shock: I broke out into a cold sweat as the panic overwhelmed me :lol: now I never let my stock go below one unopened bag so I will have time to order them online if needs be :lol: I couldn't bare to see D&D cry if I told them we'd run out!!!

is this a snack for your bunnies?

Yes, it is a "treat" that they go mad for. I am down to my last 4-5, ordered some last week from Hay Experts but they are not here yet. Don't know what the bunnies will do tomorrow if they don't arrive. :?:lol::lol:

You just wait for the stress when you're down to the last few crunchies and the store that sells them has run out :shock: I broke out into a cold sweat as the panic overwhelmed me :lol: now I never let my stock go below one unopened bag so I will have time to order them online if needs be :lol: I couldn't bare to see D&D cry if I told them we'd run out!!!

I was lucky - they didn't have FCs on their own, but they had some in a mixed bag with other treats (the piggies will eat the other bits :lol:)

Mine have only been having them for a couple of weeks - it was the first bag that I'd finished last night, but now they have to have one each at bedtime :lol:

They are only treats so "should" be limited (1-2/day). Not sure I would give a 4 month old them just yet as they are still developing and having foods introduced so may get a dodgy tummy - someone may correct me here.

Spenser hasn't had them yet. His current treat is little dried apple pieces (excel, I think). He gets them when I go out to say goodnight to him, takes them out my hand, which is really sweet. :love::love::love:

Spenser hasn't had them yet. His current treat is little dried apple pieces (excel, I think). He gets them when I go out to say goodnight to him, takes them out my hand, which is really sweet. :love::love::love:

It's lovely when they snatch them out of your hand, nearly taking you fingers off in the process :love::love::love:

after hearin all this fuss on here about these fenugreek crunchies i thought i would buy some for mylo....i never realised a rabbit could get soooooo excited about something. He had never tasted them before but got excited!!! And now everytime i bring the packet in he runs as fast as he can to me and does a binky and nearly rips my arm off so he can have one quick!!!!!

I keep mine on their toes. They don't get them every night and some nights they get two. ;)

D&D get very excited they run round in circles crashing in to each other and I have to hold out a crunchie each at the same time or I wouldn't like to say what might happen in the frenzy for a solitary crunchie :lol:

D&D get very excited they run round in circles crashing in to each other and I have to hold out a crunchie each at the same time or I wouldn't like to say what might happen in the frenzy for a solitary crunchie :lol:

Dan and Clo are like that - in fact, Dan stood on Clo's head tonight in his desperation :shock::shock::shock:

Butter can eat his quicker than Blackie, so he ends up with an extra half a one so that Blackie can finish his in peace :roll:

Mine have never had them... where do you find them? Although I don't know if I like the idea of them being addicted to something... :roll:

And anyway in Grim's case they would have to be fenugreek soggies. :lol:

I saw fenugreek in the spice section in Sainsburys, was tempted to buy some to try myself and see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: Got to correct myself, I assume buns eat the leaves and the spice is the seeds of the plant, so never mind on the last bit. :) And... just saw the packaging on line. Grim has had them but didn't like them. Trust him to be the odd one out... :roll:

Last edited:
Dan and Clo are like that - in fact, Dan stood on Clo's head tonight in his desperation :shock::shock::shock:

Butter can eat his quicker than Blackie, so he ends up with an extra half a one so that Blackie can finish his in peace :roll:

:lol::lol: all's fair in love and war and the fight for a crunchie!! Daisy eats hers so much faster than Dudley she then eats his remaining bits AND steals what she can out of his mouth :shock::shock: I sneak him secret crunchies when Daisys not in the room :lol:

Mine have never had them... where do you find them? Although I don't know if I like the idea of them being addicted to something... :roll:

And anyway in Grim's case they would have to be fenugreek soggies. :lol:

I saw fenugreek in the spice section in Sainsburys, was tempted to buy some to try myself and see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: Got to correct myself, I assume buns eat the leaves and the spice is the seeds of the plant, so never mind on the last bit. :)

I get my from Animal Magic Pet Supplies online (Holiday Hutch on here)

I did try making some fenugreek cookies for them, but I prefer the crunchies as they're just corn and fenugreek.

Fenugreek is what gives curry it's strong smell.

I think they could live without them, but they get so excited when they smell them :love:

They're the only commercial treat mine get now. The other treats are dried dandelion, plantain and coltsfoot. But they're exempt cos they're natural, they just save me some time. :oops:

Back