• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shocked at the condition my new bun is in

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Hello all! :wave: Just back from holidays & wanted to update you on my new bun Orla! :love:

As most of you know, Ive adopted Orla from a rescue centre as a companion for Rodge. Not happy at the state the poor bun is in!!!!!:evil: She is smelly & matted underneath her stomach, she has green discharge coming from her nose, extremely underweight & dehydrated. Vet refused to give the myxi vac until shes put on weight.

The poor mite, now im worried about her mum & sibling that are still at the rescue. :cry:

goodness and the rescue didnt acknowledge her condition? i would speak to them and find out how long this ahs been going on?x

oh no poor angel :cry::cry::cry:

really hope you get her better, what did the rescue say about her condition?

welcome back btw hope you had a good holiday :wave::wave:

Shes on antibiotics. I called the rescue today & I explained how sick she was & if they could please check on her mother & siblings, I got a light hearted 'Oh yeah Ill check them out'..........I feel sick thinking about the rest of them, think im going to go up on Saturday & check on them. The only problem is that they are kept in the storeroom at the rescue & visitors arent allowed to go through there.

I really want to check their living conditions etc. Im so worried. :(

Thank goodness that you have Orla, I am surprised that a rescue would just diregard her condition, poor bunnies.

What does she look like?

What a nightmare. Did you collect her before you went on holiday in the end? Its poss the stress of moving could of brought it on whilst you were away in which case hopefully the other buns will be ok.

Orla is a fluffy white bun with grey lopped ears, shes tiny! Oh ill attempt to put pics up asap, just never seems to work for me!!

When I collected her on the 28th August, I noticed some green discharge & was shocked at how skinny she was.

Whilst I was on holiday (worried soooo much about her) My lovely sister fed her up but began to worry as she was drinking so much & the green discharge wouldnt go away. Vet says she is going to be ok but was not impressed that a rescue has allowed her to leave in that condition.

Im seriously considering going back for one of her sisters, its stressing me out!

Orla is a fluffy white bun with grey lopped ears, shes tiny! Oh ill attempt to put pics up asap, just never seems to work for me!!

When I collected her on the 28th August, I noticed some green discharge & was shocked at how skinny she was.

Whilst I was on holiday (worried soooo much about her) My lovely sister fed her up but began to worry as she was drinking so much & the green discharge wouldnt go away. Vet says she is going to be ok but was not impressed that a rescue has allowed her to leave in that condition.

Im seriously considering going back for one of her sisters, its stressing me out!

Oh bless the little dot, maybe put piccies up when she is feeling better.

I would want to go back and check it out, as well, aw poor buns

The strange thing is that she isnt acting sick! Shes been bombing about the livingroom, munching on hay non stop & has been enjoying one hour naps with my sister in her bed! :shock: The whole family has fallen for her. :love:

Sometimes those sickest surprise us amazingly.

Are you quarantining her from Rodge?

I hope she picks up soon and none of her relatives are ill.

Sometimes those sickest surprise us amazingly.

Are you quarantining her from Rodge?

I hope she picks up soon and none of her relatives are ill.

Rodge is outside & little Orla is inside until she has put on weight & finishes her antibiotics.....which she loves! :lol:

Hope I can get her outside before the end of September before it gets too cold. Currently trying to negotiate space in our garage with my dad, would prefer to have them in there during the winter months. Next year I'll have my own house so theyll be indoors all winter. :)

I was In the rescue on saturday Mother and badies Looked ok to me no sign of any illness on any off them. But Im not A vet. Have you changed anything she was eatting atall? What did the vet say was up with her? ?Reason Im asking as I rescued 2 rabbits from there on saturday and wondering if I should be worried .As one is in the vets at the moment being neutered.

I have a femle babie here still looking for a home:D:D

I was In the rescue on saturday Mother and badies Looked ok to me no sign of any illness on any off them. But Im not A vet. Have you changed anything she was eatting atall? What did the vet say was up with her? ?Reason Im asking as I rescued 2 rabbits from there on saturday and wondering if I should be worried .As one is in the vets at the moment being neutered.

I have a femle babie here still looking for a home

:wave: Were mum & babies still in the cage through the back? How many are left? Vet said that she just had a little infection & I was to notify the rescue just incase her siblings have it too, its not serious though but im baffled that they didnt notice. Ive kept her on the same diet & in a quiet environment. :) Let me know how buns are, im hoping its just Orla that just had a snotty nose.

Who did you rescue? Im inlove with Penny!
:love:

:wave: Were mum & babies still in the cage through the back? How many are left? Vet said that she just had a little infection & I was to notify the rescue just incase her siblings have it too, its not serious though but im baffled that they didnt notice. Ive kept her on the same diet & in a quiet environment. :) Let me know how buns are, im hoping its just Orla that just had a snotty nose.

Who did you rescue? Im inlove with Penny!
:love:

Strange you guessed right she's one I used to foster she is now been adopted by myself she wont be going back into the rescue .....I used to have her mum Rowan before she passed away earlier this year.Also Rose on here has her brothers Paddy and Benjii .I also have Toby here . He is in being spayed at the moment and we hope to bond him and Penny into our group of 5 she is still the same moody penny as she always has been so hopeull being in a group with help as it did with Rowan

Mother and babies all seemed ok to me I had a play with a few of the wee ones whilst I was there .None had a snooty nose that I noticed or hubby just asked him .I know the mother is going to a foster from RU when all her babies are rehomed .I am not sure how many is Reservid as I forgot to ask.:? I was just so Happy to get Penny back .

Strange you guessed right she's one I used to foster she is now been adopted by myself she wont be going back into the rescue .....I used to have her mum Rowan before she passed away earlier this year.Also Rose on here has her brothers Paddy and Benjii .I also have Toby here . He is in being spayed at the moment and we hope to bond him and Penny into our group of 5 she is still the same moody penny as she always has been so hopeull being in a group with help as it did with Rowan
That's me! :wave:

The rescue needs to update its website - they still have Penny as aged 4 months and 'adoptable'. :eek:

JT - I'm sorry your new bun seems sickly. I really hope she'll be OK.

Back