• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you or would you have an un-neutered male as house rabbit?

Do you or would you have an un-neutered male as a house rabbit? Please give reasons?

• Yes i have one! ( What are your solutions to peeing everywhere?)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No i don't have one

• Yes i would have one

• No i wouldn't have one

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
My un-neutered males are poorly and i want to keep them indoors now really as they don't seem to be getting better.

I have had them inside the house a pen that was surrounded with breathable garden netting as they tend to pee everywhere, upwards- I've cleaned pee off the outside upto four foot + before. They spray outwards and upwards.

So do you have or would you have an un-neutered house rabbit?

How do you stop urine getting absolutely everywhere? My females are fab indoors- i have four buns in at these moment, but my males are absolutely filthy.

Is there anything to do to prevent this or to stop my house been covered in pee?

Thanks
Ambience xx

P.s you can choose more than one answer.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes. I have. I have had several

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Is all I have to say. We never figured it out, just kept washing stuff.

The worst spray experience was in my mouth, the next worst was a bunny who would spray me and only me, in my face, whenever I went near him (yes, he still loves me to this day).

Its not something I would ever do by choice again but if I had to, I would do.

:lol::lol:

I have got one - he came from a Breeder - ex breeding stock. He was in a state when he arrived, sore hocks which required bandaging, seriously overweight. His hocks finally healed, he lost (too much) weight so neuter was delayed & delayed.

Took him in at the end of Aug, & cos all the other buns that came from that breeder died during or shortly after neuter, we did blood tests, & liver & kidney function tests. The vet decided not to neuter that day as he had raised somethings in his blood & liver indicating he was fighting infection.

He's now on baytril & bio lapis, & we will be trying again in a week or two:roll:

All my buns are currently indoors (I need one more week to furnish the new shed) & he has a room that he has pee'd in. He has 2 indoor-cage bases as litter trays & a small one. He used to live on quilts but his hocks are better now, so he's on rubber matting & hay. The quilt had to be replaced several times.:roll:

He is a bit stinky, but his litter tray efforts are way better now:D

It isn't by choice though - I would have him neutered in a heartbeat if he had been 100% healthy

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes. I have. I have had several

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Is all I have to say. We never figured it out, just kept washing stuff.

The worst spray experience was in my mouth, the next worst was a bunny who would spray me and only me, in my face, whenever I went near him (yes, he still loves me to this day).

Its not something I would ever do by choice again but if I had to, I would do.

Aww you have some bunnys who love you there!! Marking you as theres i suppose.

- and Eww, yes paws sprays me everytime i see him. I wouldn't have him in the house- i'd be covered in pee daily!!

It's just in terms of seeing where they have peed if they are house bunnies. Like if they have peed on the walls or something or anywhere where you wouldn't normally clean so frequently.

I wonder if anyone has any solutions, would be really handy. My males would pee up my fridge daily if they were allowed in the kitchen and i'd stuggle to get pee out of my wooden stuff i think :( I'd be cleaning every breathing second lol.

*Sighs* i wish there was a way for me. So far it only seems practical to let my girlies be indoors.

Ambience xxx

Why can't they be neutered, and why do you want them inside?

They are both poorly- i want them inside as they seem happier when i've brought them indoors temporarily. The vet says they can't be neutered until they are well, but they have been ill for over a year now. Antibiotics have just quelled the problem not fixed it. Blaze has had teeth spurs sorted, but i imagine this will be an ongoing problem. Patch doesn't have bad teeth, just runny eyes, which don't fully clear with antibiotics.

Ambience xx

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

I have got one - he came from a Breeder - ex breeding stock. He was in a state when he arrived, sore hocks which required bandaging, seriously overweight. His hocks finally healed, he lost (too much) weight so neuter was delayed & delayed.

Took him in at the end of Aug, & cos all the other buns that came from that breeder died during or shortly after neuter, we did blood tests, & liver & kidney function tests. The vet decided not to neuter that day as he had raised somethings in his blood & liver indicating he was fighting infection.

He's now on baytril & bio lapis, & we will be trying again in a week or two:roll:

All my buns are currently indoors (I need one more week to furnish the new shed) & he has a room that he has pee'd in. He has 2 indoor-cage bases as litter trays & a small one. He used to live on quilts but his hocks are better now, so he's on rubber matting & hay. The quilt had to be replaced several times.:roll:

He is a bit stinky, but his litter tray efforts are way better now:D

It isn't by choice though - I would have him neutered in a heartbeat if he had been 100% healthy

Yes i know what you mean- i'd have mine neutered tommorow if i could. Sounds like they have a nice setup.

Ambience xx

To be honest with you, mine got the doors, the white, gloss doors, and the stains won't bloody come off!!!!!!!! They've all been neutered a good long while now, but no matter how much I scrub the stains, they won't come off. The curtains and floor were just washed. The doors and the wall actually, have remained a problems.

My Vet won't neuter until they reach the 6 months mark but I was lucky as Hopper never sprayed and always used his Litter tray but he did make up for it by chewing all skirting boards and door as well as digging up corners of carpet :shock:

I've had two un neutered inside bunnies in my old old flat, they liked to stain the walls with their wee :shock:
Never again! :lol:

To be honest with you, mine got the doors, the white, gloss doors, and the stains won't bloody come off!!!!!!!! They've all been neutered a good long while now, but no matter how much I scrub the stains, they won't come off. The curtains and floor were just washed. The doors and the wall actually, have remained a problems.

Yes lucky for me it was wipe clean fridge but even so. They were in the garage for a short while when we moved into rent in the other house and they managed to pee all the way up the garage door. That didn't come off cleaning wise either.

I also have also got stained lino from them, putting a blue shower curtain on the lino floor and when they peed on it rather than in there tray, the pee stained shower curtain onto the floor. So now i have a blue mark on my lino from where the dye and pee combined. Very frustrating. I tried, bleach, cleaners and all sorts, couldn't remove the stain at all.

Ambience xx

when we got mylo i didnt want to get him neutered, he was really good with his litter training, the odd time we had accident but not often.

The main reason for gettin him neutered cos he wouldnt stop tryin to rape my leg constantly!!!!!!

I would have one yes but would neuter him asap! :lol:
My aunt had a conti house bun years ago who wasnt neutered, he was no problem apparently. Used to scratch on the door at 9pm every night to be let out for a wee! :love:

They are both poorly- i want them inside as they seem happier when i've brought them indoors temporarily. The vet says they can't be neutered until they are well, but they have been ill for over a year now. Antibiotics have just quelled the problem not fixed it. Blaze has had teeth spurs sorted, but i imagine this will be an ongoing problem. Patch doesn't have bad teeth, just runny eyes, which don't fully clear with antibiotics.

Ambience xx

in that case my answer changes i would have a poorly unneutered bunny indoors, iv had several i only read the poll bit doh!!! its a nightmare not much you can do except pick up and clean up lots! wooden floors help and washable towels!!!!!!

I had one and I have answered No I Wouldn't - not because of weeing but because he was a manic humper - didn't stay unneutered very long after humping both of my hands within the first hour of his arrival :shock::oops:

i have had two unneutered males as house rabbit both one year old and both really clean even though they were hutch rabbit s for 7 months,tbh they just seemed to train themselves lol

Basils not neutered yet as only 16 weeks old and touch wood no weeing problems so far BUT I'm not sure if this will last SO he may be done in the future.

bigs was 5 when i got him de plumed he was quite gd in the toilet training but marking territory a pickle spesh if i had guests as i was the target,

if you have more that one bun you are going to get probs in the territory dept

Back