• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded Rabbits - food bowl Q

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Just a quickie .... those of you with bonded rabbits, do you just put out one food bowl/water bowl for them all to share or do they each have their own??

Thanks, Jo x

I did use a food bowl, but since i started feeding less ama has got food aggressive. She now hogs the bowl and wont let the others get a look in, so i now scatter pellets also. I used to feed 40kg+ of food a month, so there was no arguments, but now there is after reducing it as per advice on this forum.
So i find the easier way is to spread it for them to forage.

Ambience xx

I have one of those food bowls that people tend to use for cats, its long oval shape with a divider in the middle, so its one food bowl but separate sides to stop aggression. Though Storm and her babies do have two separate food bowls. Always best because sometimes one rabbit will get excluded from the 'dinner table' x

my pair share a large dog bowl with water, they have their veg on a normal dinner plate to share and i scatter pellets on the floor in one pile which they share :D

Mine also share water bowls but we have no food bowls. I also scatter the food so they have to forage.

My two pairs each have 2 water bottles and one water bowl between them. Each pair also has a double food dish, but they always want to eat out of the same side :lol:

We scatter the food for our 3 so they can forage and get a fair share each. They have a water bottle each and they are so funny and seem to have picked one each and wont use the others, they always go to the same bottle for the same rabbit

Thanks everyone, very useful info ......... currently they each have their own food and water bowls, some of their pellets go in the bowls, along with their greens .... the rest of the pellets get scattered in their run (and I also hide them in their cardboard boxes, loo rolls stuffed with hay etc etc)!

I have got a big water bowl which I can use for them to share the water and then just scatter the pellets and maybe just give them each their greens wherever they're sat at the time!?!

Didn't want any issues of fighting but also didn't want 4 bowls taking up a load of room.

All my pairs/trio share food bowls quite happily, I've never had a problem with food aggression.

Back