• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

John Butler's (Bunny Burrows) Funeral.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Was just 'Perfect' and I think he would have been very proud especially of Gwen, and even Niomi his favourite rabbit went to the church service carried in a dog crate behind the coffin and sat throughout the service on one of the BB volunteer's knee as good as gold. We all had our BB rescue tops on and
the entry music was 'Caravan' by Barbara Dickson, and the Hymn was "All Things Bright and Beautiful".
Sophie another BB volunteer read the poem 'The Dash' by Linda Ellis and a wonderful tribute to John was read by Katherine Carr and as John was being carried out of the church with Niomi behind the exit music was 'Run Rabbit Run' which put a smile on everyone's faces, oh and the wreathes were Wild bun friendly.....

6-9-10006.jpg

6-9-10008.jpg

and there was a lovely article in this morning's local paper 'The Northern Echo'

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8375289.Mourners____farewell_for_rabbit_rescuer/

and I must show you this drawn by one of John's good friends who is an artist in the drawing he has put John's love of aircraft, the angel bunny with long ear's is a drawing that John has at home that he loved, and the man is Geoff and the saying "you stupid boy" is what John use to say to Geoff a lot.
We think it's just fantastic and John would have loved it.

GeoffcardforJohn001.jpg

Maysie
xx

I didn't know John, but this is such a lovely tribute especially to have Niomi there too. The wild bun friendly wreaths are lovely. It sounds as though everything was just perfect.

John was clearly a much loved man. I hope Gwen is able to draw strength from the knowledge that it was John's wish that Bunny Burrows remained up and running.

I am sure it will be very difficult for her, but the love for John that will remain in her heart for ever will enable her to keep going, as will the support of all family and friends.

RIP John xx

Back