• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shy little jet

cyprusrabbit

Alpha Buck
Jet is a little shy, everytime I go outside he bolts into the bedroom area. If I want to get him out I have to grab him from a corner that he is crouching in. Never had this problem with my other two. What's the best way around this? Is it just time? Should I still handling him or wait till he comes to me?

Something I watched on 'my pet shame' was a conti bunny that was nervous with his owners (mostly because they weren't sure on how to look after a large bunny) and the vet on there suggested putting a brush on a long adjustable stick, and keep stroking the bunny from a distance and each time get shorter and shorter and shorter until the bunny trusts you to stroke with your hands.
Some bunnies just don't prefer human company and all you can do is try and try and try until they give up and let you stroke them :roll:

Something I watched on 'my pet shame' was a conti bunny that was nervous with his owners (mostly because they weren't sure on how to look after a large bunny) and the vet on there suggested putting a brush on a long adjustable stick, and keep stroking the bunny from a distance and each time get shorter and shorter and shorter until the bunny trusts you to stroke with your hands.
Some bunnies just don't prefer human company and all you can do is try and try and try until they give up and let you stroke them :roll:

He lets me stroke him (when he is backed in to a corner :shock:) and when I pick him up he seems to love the fuss, its just the way he bolts the moment we are in the garden. Maybe he needs time to setle to the loval noises, cats, my son etc. I do hope so, as my others come to greet me when I go out :love:

Sounds like he is just a bit spooked by his new location, once he's settled in and got used to his new home (and all of its various sounds) and his new bunny mummy, I'm sure he will be less jumpy :wave: It just takes time and perserverence....says she who's had a bun for 18 months who still pushes my hand away with his nose 98% of the times I stroke him :lol:

could you put one of your tops in with him? so he can get used to your smell :) like i said he probably hasnt been handled before and will just take a little time to get used to you, its taken Mae 3 months to come running to me :)

Back