• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has your favourite colour/breed of bunny changed since getting yours?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
When I got Harvey, who was my first bunny, there was only him and an REW there. I didn't even consider the REW I thought he looked like a magician's bunny :oops:. Now I love REWs, they are one of my favourites. I don't know if this has been since I owned my bunnies or since I joined RU and saw all the gorgeous REWs on here. I also never wanted a Dutch bunny because I had one when I was younger, and now I really want a little Dutchie!!

Are there any breeds/colours that you love now that you didn't when you were first getting rabbits? :wave:

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't like REWs when I got Honey now I love them but I love pretty much any colour bunny, agoutis and sooty fawns are another favourite.

I've always loved lops, when we went to get a rabbit I said to my OH 'we have to get a lop', but there were only 2 bunnies there and I'm impatient! I'm so glad we got Harvey though I wouldn't change him for the world :love: he is the most affectionate, sweetest rabbit I've ever met :love:

I hadn't really noticed how adorable agoutis were until the lady at our local rescue asked me if I wanted Tilly. I had only visited to take them some pellets Peter would't eat:roll: But as soon as I saw her I fell in love:love:

Always loved Nethies, my black Nethies Nala and Kiarah are my babies.
Would love another Dutch though after my first bunny Peter :)

dutchies have always been my fav but since i did fistering i like most breeds now, did fall in love with REWS they are so misunderstood

ive always loved all breeds of rabbit but my number one favourite has never changed which is continental giants :love:

Not really any preference from me! They are all so gorgeous in their own ways....Pip & Rusty are so different - yet both lovely.

Every pic I see on here of a bun I think oooooooo how lovely, wouldnt mind owning one that looks like that :lol:

I only recently learned what a REW is and I am stunned at how overlooked these, Black Buns & Agoutis are - all are goregous I think...

I wish i had more time, space & money as this forum has certainly opened up my eyes to how many buns dnt get the lives & space they deserve, and I just wish I could offer a good home to more (I am only a new bun owner, so am far from perfect - but I listen to advice & my two seem very happy, and everyone is stunned at how spoilt they are!) x

Not really any preference from me! They are all so gorgeous in their own ways....Pip & Rusty are so different - yet both lovely.

Every pic I see on here of a bun I think oooooooo how lovely, wouldnt mind owning one that looks like that :lol:

I only recently learned what a REW is and I am stunned at how overlooked these, Black Buns & Agoutis are - all are goregous I think...

I wish i had more time, space & money as this forum has certainly opened up my eyes to how many buns dnt get the lives & space they deserve, and I just wish I could offer a good home to more (I am only a new bun owner, so am far from perfect - but I listen to advice & my two seem very happy, and everyone is stunned at how spoilt they are!) x

:lol::lol::lol: Me TOOOOO!
I also get remarks about the care given for my buns...like "they themost loved bunniesin the whole world"...or "arent they spoilt"...etc....but its all good and positive & I do think its quite funny out people are surprised when the same care given to a dog or cat wouldnt be blinked at....we live to educate! and learn!:D:love::love:

I really like the look of Nethies now. I kinda seem to have ended up with one of those though :lol: My favs are lops, nethies and lionheads and I have two lops, one lion-lop and one lionhead/nethie. So I don't think it has.

OH doesn't like REW's because she says they look scary :roll::shock:

I think they look really sweet, but can see where she is coming from.

Unfortunately, i always associate REW's with animal testing, from adverts/websites etc so i have an odd emotional response to them, they are very very sweet though.

I've seen some adorable REW's here and have also now a new appreciation for Agouti buns. They have a raw sweet look about them :oops:

My 2 pence worth!:wave:

I love engish spots. I love thier big sticky up ears, I think they are just beautifull.
I am fostering an agoutie english spot at the minute, her name is tinker and she is such a sweet little thing.:love:

Nethies have always been my breed and will always hold a very close place to my heart. The Universe seems to be creating a love affair with lops though because its been sending me some cracking ones, completely by fate.

What I would really like to own though, more than anything else, is a giant pap.

Marley was my first rabbit, ive had him 2 years now and hes a black Nethie. All my buns are black, but its just a coincidence. I think Dolly is Polish as shes very small but has longer ears, has a finer build and doesnt have the gorgeous squished nethie face. :love:

ANYWAY...id say ive got a soft spot for Nethies since having Marley and after coming on the forum, i quite like Dutch bunnies and BEWs. Whoever got that stunning BEW nethie named Bailey from rabbit rehome is so lucky. Ill never forget when i first clapped eyes on her!!

Back