• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pig advice please

Grace65

Warren Veteran
Can anyone tell me of its safe for my piggies to go in the run when its windy?
im sure i read something before i took the piggies on that said it wasnt a good idea, my run (when the piggies are in it) is completley covered but im still unsure, could it cause health problems? xxxx

i thought i read on the piggy forum not to put them in the runs when it's windy... :? not much help there, sorry! :oops: mine live inside but even when it's ok temp outside, i don't put them out when it's windy, just because they are so close to the ground and i thought i read they would get too cold etc.. :)

My guineas are nervous in the wind and prefer to stay shelterd, so i dont think its anything to do with it being unsafe. Your run sounds like it provides good shelter so i am sure they would be happy to be out to nibble grass:D

My guineas are nervous in the wind and prefer to stay shelterd, so i dont think its anything to do with it being unsafe. Your run sounds like it provides good shelter so i am sure they would be happy to be out to nibble grass:D

i thought i read on the piggy forum not to put them in the runs when it's windy... :? not much help there, sorry! :oops: mine live inside but even when it's ok temp outside, i don't put them out when it's windy, just because they are so close to the ground and i thought i read they would get too cold etc.. :)

Ahhh im not imagining reading it then, its been so breezy today although not cold out i only gave them an hour outside. xx

Hi, I have 9 piggies and I dont put them in the run if its windy just incase it blows over really! Im not sure about health problems! You can ask on the guinea pig forum if you want its full of good advice!
Sophie
xx

Ok thanks everyone i wont let them out again its been so windy today although the run is completly covered i was still worried. xx

Ahhh im not imagining reading it then, its been so breezy today although not cold out i only gave them an hour outside. xx

i just had to think if i imagined reading it aswell!! :lol: i have taken them out when there has been a very slight breeze when it was warm aswell, but like you, only gave them an hour or so. :wave:

i just had to think if i imagined reading it aswell!! :lol: i have taken them out when there has been a very slight breeze when it was warm aswell, but like you, only gave them an hour or so. :wave:

I cant find where i read it :roll:
im new to piggies anyway so only a learner. xxx

Back