• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arrgghh

Jenefina

Mama Doe
:censored: my little bro has just called to say his mates gone on holiday and given them their guinea and rabbit to look after so he wanted to know what to do :censored: they are together in a small hutch and they've dumped them in the garage which my bro uses for his car. He's gonna move them into the kitchen and I've given him strict instructions and warning signs but they've not even left any cash for him if he does need to go to the vets :(

I'm so proud that he called me and asked for advice and he even said he'd speak to his mates when they came back about the size of the hutch and he fact that they should be separated but the point is that he's been left with this responsibility in the first place :censored::censored::censored:

Its a good job that your brother has got you to go to for help, otherwise think what could have happened. People just put their own enjoyment first and don't bother about the poor animals:(

Me too April :( He lives with two other blokes so you can imagine what they are like. He's a good soul tho and he does care about animals, guess that's why he called, but it just annoys me that the people who left them care so little and haven't bothered to tell him what to do, what life will they go back to once he hands them back :(

:( poor little babies. At least they have left them with someone when they went away, so at least they must care a little bit.

Maybe the owners just need good advice on how to look after them, which i am sure you will do.
My friend lookd after someones rabbits while they were away, she has managed to convince them to get the male castrated so they can live together and they said they would let them out of the hutch more. I hope they do, but some people cant be botherd and simply dont care enough.
How long are they away for?

I'm not sure how long they are away for but they only got dropped off today. I realise that at least they had the decency to have them looked after and it probably is ignorance rather than intentional cruelty. I've given my brother all the info to pass on and told him to call me if he needs anything so I'm just sat fingers crossed

I'm not sure how long they are away for but they only got dropped off today. I realise that at least they had the decency to have them looked after and it probably is ignorance rather than intentional cruelty. I've given my brother all the info to pass on and told him to call me if he needs anything so I'm just sat fingers crossed

Aww well hopefully they'll listen to your advice. Have you seen the leaflets on the RWAF website? I'm sure there's one about bunnies and piggies on there.

Back