• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please save Perry!

what are the rough cost of having a dental bunny? would he still be able to be bonded with a rabbit that had no health problems

Oh, he dosen't have to need put to sleep!!!:cry: I wish I could take hime home!:( I'm going to be thinking aobut this little chap for the rest of the week now:cry:
I hope he finds a home, i've got evrything crossed for him!

Im pretty sure cottontails PTS anything with dental problems, no matter how minor, its very sad, i had a dental bunny that had dentals every 2 months and lived to be 9 and a bit years, i dont know why they dont think rabbits can live happy lives, its so sad :(

Last edited:
what are the rough cost of having a dental bunny? would he still be able to be bonded with a rabbit that had no health problems

It depends on the bun and the severity of the disease. Maybe get in touch with the rescue.

My bun's dental disease effects his front teeth and then have a tendency to drop out every 6-8 weeks. They don't seem to affect him, he eats well and the vet I have seen was not overly worried about them. If they don't drop out, they over grow and need to be burred down which costs £30-£45 per visit. There is the option of having the front teeth taken out.

The story mentions Spurs, which makes me assume back teeth. There are some vets in certain area of the country who will perform conscious dentals (Notts/yorkshire if I remember rightly) Dentals requiring GA will cost upwards of £90 ( in Manchester/Hartlepool) but again cost varies around the country.

I'll take Perry rather than him be put to sleep.

Has anyone heard whether he is still around and available? I can only find a telephone number, so can't contact them until tomorrow morning now.

Has anyone heard whether he is still around and available? I can only find a telephone number, so can't contact them until tomorrow morning now.

Oh bless Perry :( :love: you are an angel Amy - let us know what happens :wave:

There is an e-mail option (via the web ) on this page of the website:

http://www.cottontails-rescue.org.uk/contact.asp

but they say phoning is better. . you could try e-mail now and ring in the morning??

Poor Perry - taken from his bonded partner just because of some teeth spurs!!! Some hay and apple sticks may sort him out in the long term . .

I can't believe they will pts for dental :shock:

I hope abbymarysmokey can get in touch with them tomorrow. He is just so cute.

Well done Amy..you beat me to offering a place for him at Honeybunnies..I can probably help with transport as will be visiting my mother down that way in the next 10 days if they'll hold him til then

and if I collect him for you we will cover his first check up and assesment at our vets and get one of his vacs done if needed

also I cannot see here it says they willl pts him?...

Last edited:
Back