• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Respiratory bunnies

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
People with respiratory bunnies do you find they cope better indoors or outdoors. Just wondered what everybody's opinions are.

I found mine don't cope with extreme weathers, so in that sense they generally do better indoors to avoid the cold, although the heat can still get them.

With Badger, whose problems are complex, I couldn't even find anything that identified a bad day with his rbeathing. He's only ever been inside though so I don't know how he would fair outside.

Santa was definitely better outdoors in the fresh air. I think it's one of those things that is just going to depend on the individual :?

with my girl her respiratory problems were made worse by stress. so she was better outdoors where she was comfortable.

I'd be interested in this too. It's something I need to ask the vet about as Nutmeg had respiratory problems.

Thanks for the replies they are interesting. I'm trying to make a decision about Frankie at the moment he appears to get worse when the weather is warm. He was outside.

bisc and matt moved indoors and were much better. they still get to go outside when it isn't too cold, and the fresh air helps to clear their airways a bit.

it's sudden changes in weather and temperature that cause their symptoms to suddenly go worse for a bit.

Just need to sort out the spare room and will move them into there for the winter at least and see how he gets on. Thanks for your replies they have been really useful. :)

My Nutmeg never shows lots of symptoms. She wheezes when she sleeps but that seems pretty constant although having thought about it I haven't noticed it so much since the weather cooled.

Back