• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here I am.

saf

Young Bun
Hi there everybody,

I signed up here at the board in januari this year but somehow failed te post a single post.

Today I deceided to make up for that. So here I am.

I am Sef al the way from the south of the netherlands. I am 28 years of age and married to Gertie for almost 6 years now.

I have 8 rabbits at home. 2 lops in de livingroom (Bearke and Driekus) 1 Rabbit with some behaviour issues at my computerroom upstairs (Sraar) and another 5 of them living together in a hennery at our garden (Sies, Lies, Ties, Sjan and Petran)

Cuurently there are another two rabbits staying at our place. My wifes occupation is at a psychiatric hospital. And for therapy they are getting a couple of rabbits. We voluntered to take up the task of finding the rabbits for that cause and to make sure that's their standard of life is number 1, the patients need come in on second. They are ready to go and their hennery at work is almost completed. It's gonna be a hard time letting them go after almost 5 months of caring for those two lovely rabbits

I also am a volunteer at a local rabbit schelter. It's very small in size at this moments. But we are now in the progress of trying to upscale it to a much larger schale. Currently we have about 12 to 15 cages and we want to go towards housing about 50/75 rabbits at all time and in spring/summer periods even more.

Also I do volunteerwork for the "stichting konijnen belangen" (the rabbit intrests foundation). Wich includes standing on fairs and the like to teach people how to care for their petrabbits in a good and responsable way. We are also in a forum that is consulted bij our goverment. And are trying to get things done in that way as well. Think about the minimum age for selling rabbits, minimum requirements for stores to sells rabbits and more stuff like that.

I have a keen intrest myself in behaviour of rabbits. I am at the moment doing a scholing about rabbit behaviour.

I think that's about it, If you got anything to ask, please fee lfree to do so.
And please forgive me about my englisch writing. It's a hell of a lot more difficult then speaking it for me.

Cheers Sef

Last edited:
Hi Sef, welcome!

You're English is great - and miles better than most people on here's Dutch so don't apologise!!

Any chance of some photos of your bunnies? They all sound lovely.

Sarah.x

Lies, Ties, Sies, Sjan and Petran

saf-albums-vijftal-picture20992-vijftal4647.jpg

Bearke and Driekus

saf-albums-bearke-driekus-picture23453-dsc05317.jpg

Sraar

saf-albums-sraar-geplaar-picture16090-sraar.jpg

And the two that are destined to go to my wifes work. Tommie and Mellie

saf-albums-logeer-opvangnijnen-picture25178-melanie-tom.jpg

Back