• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Laparoscopic Liver Examination and Biopsy

Rosie Rabbit

Mama Doe
Just wondering if anyone else's bun has ever had a liver exam by keyhole surgery or a liver biopsy before?

Benji is seeing Brigitte Reusch/Lord tomorrow and will be having this procedure, as apparently he has a very small liver and the veins to the liver are all abnormally enlarged. He's been having lots of other tests too (thread here) but just wondered if anyone else's bun has had this done. It's a big procedure and I'm worried for him.

Last edited:
No experience myself but I remember this thread :?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3373978&highlight=biopsy#post3373978

Hope he's ok xx
Thank you for that. I have had a read through it and I think this would be what Jane was thinking of when she posted her concerns on my thread in 'Health' the other day.

Jane's and Parsnipbuns' posts there don't make easy reading for me considering Benji is having this procedure tomorrow. I so hope we are doing the right thing for him. :(

Thanks again for finding it.

I hope it didn't upset you unnecessarily. I know it makes distressing reading but I just wanted you to be fully informed so you could know how to give him the best aftercare. I'm sure you wouldn't be doing it unless you felt it was right and necessary :)

continued good vibes for your little man. xx

I hope it didn't upset you unnecessarily. I know it makes distressing reading but I just wanted you to be fully informed so you could know how to give him the best aftercare. I'm sure you wouldn't be doing it unless you felt it was right and necessary :)

continued good vibes for your little man. xx
No, not at all - I would rather know than not know, I think.

Genuinely - thanks for flagging it up. :) And thanks for your vibes too.

It's one of these cases where, rightly or wrongly, we are putting our trust in the experts and their advice. :)

Just to update, Benji has come through his surgery OK, and I have updated my thread in Health.

Is there still nobody knows of a bun who has had a biopsy? Or a laparoscopy? Just wondering how other buns have recovered from this. :wave:

Back