• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heavy rain, boss keeping me late!

Bink

Mama Doe
The buns are out in their runs and it's raining hard outside. I'm supposed to finish work at 4pm but my boss is making me stay late :( all I can think of is my buns in the rain. Normally mum is at home to nip them back into their hutches but she's away from home babysitting.

George doesn't mind the rain too much, Fifi HATES it. They both have little shelters in their runs but I can't help worrying...I'm not going to get to them for ages!

:( Not very happy...

I'm sure they will be fine as they have shelters hun :) Horrible boss keeping you late though, hope your getting paid

Aw I know it's worrying but i'm sure they'll use their shelters if they want to keep dry. It's hard, but worrying won't make your last few hours at work go quicker and you'll end up in a right state. Bunnies are pretty hardy with weather - mine even bounce in the snow so just dry them off when you get in and get a nice snuggle from them to make you feel better :) :wave:

Thanks guys, I know you're right, it's just not helping that people keep volunteering gems of 'knowledge' like "They're made for the rain", "A rabbit that sits out in the rain instead of using its shelter must be stupid... did you know they only have pea-sized brains?" :( my boss keeps helpfully adding that they're probably floating by now >_<

Thanks guys, I know you're right, it's just not helping that people keep volunteering gems of 'knowledge' like "They're made for the rain", "A rabbit that sits out in the rain instead of using its shelter must be stupid... did you know they only have pea-sized brains?" :( my boss keeps helpfully adding that they're probably floating by now >_<

Some people are so insensitive. I was with a customer recently showing her my phone as she was interested to buy the same one. I was showing her the camera quality with pics of my bunny. She decided to tell me an "amusing" anecdote about how her mum was looking after her sister's buns while she was away, at a time when we had the worst floods in history. Mum didn't bother to take the buns in and found them "floating" outside a few days later. Some people :evil:

Sorry to hear that you're stuck in work and have such an ignorant boss (mine acted the same when I needed to get to the vet urgently recently, I went anyway). Honestly though I'm sure the buns are fine and at least they'll be delighted to see you later! Sending vibes to you and buns, hopefully the time will fly by *hugs*

Hi to a fellow Cambridge person:wave::wave:

I always refuse to stay anywhere later than I am contracted to if the buns need me - after all what would your boss have said if you had had children to meet from school???

Back