• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Basic/T

Amatjuh

Young Bun
(sorry for my bad English, I'm from the Netherlands)

When I started having rabbits I fed mixed pellets to my rabbits. Then I learned more about them and they got Science Selective and vegetables.

One of my rabbits (Pico) has bad teeth. The dental roots are too long and his jaw is al little bit crooked (showed on X-ray). He also had sharp points on his teeth (they have bin removed).
My vet advised me to start feeding Bunny Basics/T to Pico. Pico(buck) lives together with Svennie(doe). They are getting 20 grams Bunny Basics/T each day and 400-500 gr vegatables. That's because Pico has to eat much hay because of his teeth. They are doing great. They weigh about 1.5 kg.

My other 2 rabbits are still getting Science Selective because I had it in stock. But I just have one more bag to go. When that one is empty I want to give them too Bunny Basics/T. But how much should I give them?
They now get 40 grams of Science Selective and 400-500 gr vegatables each day. They weigh around 2-2.2 kg.

I'll hope you understand my writings :)

:wave:Hi, my buns Parsnip and Pixie have an egg cup size amount of Basics T each in the morning and veg in the evening with some herbs from the garden. They both live together and have hay all day and night. Bunny Basics T are very good pellets and I know lots of people on this forum use them with good results.

I was wondering if there was a standard, like .... grams of pellets per kg rabbitweight?

So you give 1 eggcup to each rabbit? (2 eggcups for them together).

But there must be some kind of standard, larger rabbits need more food I guess.

They get al the hay they can eat here also ;)

Back