• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits pining ....

Fran G

Young Bun
Well my two rabbit HATE being handled, they dont mind the odd itch on the head or a small stroke to help get dirty off of them when im cleaning them, but more and more ive noticed that they will 'follow' me.

E.g my rabbit hutches are basically at other ends of the garden but they can still see each other therefore me when im tending to them.
They will sit and wait for me when i turn around they go mad, standing n there hind legs, my little ones runs about like a nut, when i get there they dont let me touch them, i offer treats and they dont always want it.

Does anyone else get this with there rabbits????

I've not had this exactly, but my rabbit (who also hates being handled) definitely likes an audience. :) He will stand up on his hind paws in the run if he thinks nobody is watching him (sometimes we are, but he's a REW so probably doesn't have great eyesight). He also goes in the huff if we are all out all day :( (fortunately this is unusual).

haha i no exactly what you mean, if i havnt spent any time, or if my mum has fed and watered them for me for a few days if im away, when i next go back they just dont bother me !! hahaha aww i love them all the same

what is a REW??

Back