• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for our fluffy friends...do they work?

Do Vibes really help?

• Yes - Vibes truly help

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No - what a load of rubbish

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Not sure - can i see the results though please?

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

I'd never heard of these before joining RU.

Do you think that the positive thoughts of others can directly or in-directly affect you/your pets?

I would never have thought they would, but i'm positive that the vibes i got for Biscuit on Friday keep him pooping without me being there - after people sending them, he was a very good boy, but had been quite poor with his toilet habbits for a few days prior to this.

This thread is all polled up - please vote and comment - i'd be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Gray :wave:

i think they do, even if its only the comfort we get from the fact that people are willing our pets to get better. im not sure i believe they directly help the animal BUT im happy to wish with all my will just in case :D:D

I dont think it helps the animal. I think it just makes us feel better that there are others out there thinking about our furry friends when they need it :)

I don't think they can work directly on the bunny, but vibes/support on here can make the owner feel more confident/calmer which can definitely be transferred to the bun in question.

I personally dont think they actually have any effect on the animal BUT I do think it they offer a lot of psychological support to the person(s) looking after that animal. Its comforting to know that other people have been through/ are going through the same thing. Vibes often come with helpfull advice and suggestions too

I had a feeling that this was going to be the response :)

I'm very thankful for the 'caring' thoughts from people and i genuinely believe that it does help us feel more confident, which as mentioned, transfers to our loved buns / other animals :)

I think they have an effect, but as others have said not so much a direct effect on the animal him/herself but on the hoomin.

It makes us feel better to know there are people out there who understand what we are going through and who care and, as Lou said, we're probably more confident as a result.

When Alfie dislocated his hock he was in the vets for 3 days and I truly think it was the support from everybody in here that stopped me from going insane with worry in that time.

I think they have an effect, but as others have said not so much a direct effect on the animal him/herself but on the hoomin.

It makes us feel better to know there are people out there who understand what we are going through and who care and, as Lou said, we're probably more confident as a result.

When Alfie dislocated his hock he was in the vets for 3 days and I truly think it was the support from everybody in here that stopped me from going insane with worry in that time.

I'd agree with things like that - as i'm sure i'd of gone insane at work on Friday if it wasn't for you lovely people here ! :)

I think animals can sense how you feel. So support from others that makes you feel better is transferred to the pet indirectly as they sense you are positive and directly as you may handle them more confidently which in turn makes them feel more secure and helps their healing.
so yes-vibes do help the pet.
They do of course help the pet owner too, and the forum is for both!
sue:wave:

I do think it helps the person more than the animal...

BUT

I did a transpersonal module for my psych degree, a part of which looked at intercessory prayer, which is basically praying for other people. The results of studies were actually really impressive (even to a cynic like me :lol:), and that includes studies where the person being prayed for didn't know that they were being prayed for.

So, maybe there is something in it :D

xxx

Not sure about the buns, but they certainly help the hoomans. :wave: I am leaving Spenser for 8 hours tomorrow, and am braced for another huff ...

I do think it helps the person more than the animal...

BUT

I did a transpersonal module for my psych degree, a part of which looked at intercessory prayer, which is basically praying for other people. The results of studies were actually really impressive (even to a cynic like me :lol:), and that includes studies where the person being prayed for didn't know that they were being prayed for.

So, maybe there is something in it :D

xxx

this is what i hope for when i wish for recovery. it dont hurt to do it and theres always a chance it really does help.

a bloke i worked with used to prey for my dad, as a non believer i thought he was mad and scoffed the whole idea.. but now im older i really appreciate that he took the time to care and who knows maybe his good vibes helped a little :love::love::love:

I think it really helps, you can feel so alone, when your bunnies are ill and just knowing others understand what you are going through and can offer suipport is so important.
I would be lost without RU, please don't ever shutdown!!!!!!
The vibes are essential:D

Before I had Thumps I would have said "a load of rubbish". Now I believe they help in 2 ways.
a)I am sure my bun can "read my mind about things which affect him" fairly accurately. He's very sensitive to "atmosphere" too. I see no reason why this cannot be "transmitted" over distance.
b) By supporting each other - just knowing that someone else cares enough to take the thought & time to post for you, relieves our anxiety which helps our buns.

I don't know how to "vibe", so I keep everything crossed & think encouraging thoughts to the bun. The only time I tried to "vibe" for poops, my own bun did a pile by my foot! I concluded that I didn't have the knack of directing vibes & I'd stick to my usual.:lol:

Before I had Thumps I would have said "a load of rubbish". Now I believe they help in 2 ways.
a)I am sure my bun can "read my mind about things which affect him" fairly accurately. He's very sensitive to "atmosphere" too. I see no reason why this cannot be "transmitted" over distance.
b) By supporting each other - just knowing that someone else cares enough to take the thought & time to post for you, relieves our anxiety which helps our buns.

I don't know how to "vibe", so I keep everything crossed & think encouraging thoughts to the bun. The only time I tried to "vibe" for poops, my own bun did a pile by my foot! I concluded that I didn't have the knack of directing vibes & I'd stick to my usual.:lol:

I agree ...:D

Back