• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lymington Bunnies say thank you.

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
So today just a week after all 68 buns came out of the house in Hampshire, the last of the lymington bunnies go to their secured rescue places.

Those of us who took the bunnies out are so grateful to all of you. I'd like to say thanks to Lorraine and Lisa who did all of the phoning round to find places at Cat and Rabbit, Wood Green, Blue Cross and others, because they put so much work into securing space to make sure that the buns go on quickly to the proper homes that they deserve.

A big thank you to all of you that offered overnight space too to ensure we could get the buns out on the day and then arrange the onward travel without having to rush things.

The babies/mum and babies at Liz and Steve's should be off the the Blue Cross later today and I'd like to thank them for offering the amount of help that they did, especially as Steve drove all the way to Windlesham to collect the rabbits from us here. Some of those buns went off to Wood Green and so to be able to keep them all in one place for a few nights took the pressure off all of us.

It made a difference to know that they'd be safe and secure and well cared for whilst we confirmed our offers of help with the onward rehoming.

We had so many offers of help from across the country and it was so wonderful to know that if we hadn't have got slots nearer to home we could have placed rabbits in Barnsley and even as far north as County Durham.

I can't actually believe how an already over saturated rescue system worked so well under these circumstances - it has been an amazing week.

Thanks again from all of us and the rabbits involved.

Helen

So glad they are all safe, hope they all find homes soon, they derserve to be loved and spoilt after their bad start in life. Well done Helen xxx

Wishing all the bunnies well. What a tremendous effort by all those involved in getting so many rabbits to rescue places. :)

So glad that these bunnies are now safe and have moved on to a better life. :D

Well done everyone :wave:

Back