• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with outdoor buns: Lighting

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
What lighting do you use to go to see to them? I find torches not bright enough. As it is getting darker now, I need to think about lighting for getting down the bottomo of the garden to see to Smudge - He is in his aviary but I like him to be let out first thing - about 5:30 a.m. to go to the toilet- he doesn't like using his tray - waits till I let him out and runs to his "patch" in the garden. :lol: But it's toooo dark at the moment..

I have two floodlights, plus hand held torches/lights... Might get some solar lights for the playhouses as well!

We have 2 lights on the outside of the house and then a torch just lets me see into the corners in his hutch and make sure its all ok.

i never really thought it would be a problem. ive managed fine without extra lights so far. Theres a street light just behind out fence which helps and the conservatory is like a giant lantern if you turn the lights on and open all the blinds! :lol:

my security light on the back of the house is enough to let me see where i am going on the way to the shed, then i have a battery powered light in the shed

Mine have a solar powered security light and a solar powered shed light (both from b&Q) but the security light gets me to the end of the garden, and I have a battery powered LED strip light in the shed too.

Back