• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In hutch and attached-run on patio

FifiMac

Young Bun
Hi everyone:wave:

Those of you with hutch and permanently attached runs on patio - how often do you put the buns onto grass? I have now two joined together runs attached to two tier hutch. The last time I moved the runs onto the grass, Romeo dug out and escaped. I've been reluctant to put them back but I know they love the grass, especially as it's long and green again. Trouble is I can't leave them unsupervised because of all the digging :? What do others do?

put wire underneath the run part, that will stop them digging out and anything else digging in and they can still enjoy the grass :)

my bunnies have never been on my grass, only patio. I will one day let them go on grass but not til i get my grass sorted as there is rag wort and brambles mixed in the grass and so it all needs digging out and turfing.

I would probably recommend mesh on the base of the run though, it is what i plan to do if i ever sort out my grass.

Some people buy large trays of soil and plant grass seeds and grown their own inside the run.
On a nice day just move the run onto the grass for a few hours. If they're really good diggers I'd go with the wire on the floor suggestion.
My yard is bunny proof so my lot just run around like nutters :roll::lol:

Buy a large pit and plant grass seeds in it, cover the top with wire and leave it in the run, buns cannot dig out the pot and they will have continuous grass to eat.

i did the tray of grass for my rabbits. They paid attention to it for about 2 minutes then went and played with their tubes. Not gone back to look at it since :roll:

My runs are on concrete and decking, but have a penned area for each setup to allow access to the grass each day under supervision!

Back