• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is my bunny?

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
He's 9/10 weeks old (so I was told) and looks like an English Spot but doesn't have the full butterfly on his nose, also has the same markings as a Checkered Giant :/ He's also grown ALOT since I got him a week ago...

Does he have a spot on the other side of his nose too? Then he is a Charlie Marked English spot :wave:

you get 3 types, the normal butterfly nose, the charlie marked, and then the self (one block colour) of English Spots

She dosen't look the same shape as most English, but the markings look like that of a mis-mark English. You don't get checkered giants in the UK, we have Giant Papillons instead, apparently they're similar but the giant paps have more spots, the checkered giants have large coloured patches

My best guess is a mis-marked English Spot :wave: He has the slender look of the English breed about him, although it's possible there might be some cross-breed in there to cause the mis-markings. I'm not 'up' on what causes the mis-markings, natural within an english litter or cross-breed influence, I only know he's not pure breed/show quality markings.

Regardless, he's a cutie :love::love::love:

Another piccie from a diff view :love: This was taken on the day I got him :) *Btw I don't use shavings now after what I read on here.... I got him some Megazorb instead :D

Back