• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox watch (sonic deterrent)

me too...... buns have been in utility room since the fox took Charlie as i can't reinforce hutch until tomorrow, and i just went to clear up todays doggy poop and mr.fox had left me a little pressie last night too. Right in the middle of my lawn. Am terrified to let the buns back into their hutch at night!

I have one, but have doubt's that it's totally full proof, so I don't totally rely on it, and still keep a vigilant eye on the bunnies whenever they are out.

I have a FoxWatch as recommended to me by ParsnipBun.

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/fo...ce=googleads&gclid=CK_etLeM8aMCFYGX2Aod8yK23w

I can't vouch for how good it is. However, I know that ParsnipBun could tell from tracks left in the snow by a fox in her garden that the fox was definitely avoiding her FoxWatch.

I also have a CatWatch as the local cats kept visiting my garden and they have avoided my garden like the plague since I bought it.

They are not cheap but I have had the FoxWatch for 18 months where it has been outside in all weathers without any problems (except for the fact that I originally ran it off the mains and the buns ate through the cable).

This review on the site says it might affect cats? Does anyone have this Foxwatch and have pet cats? Can anyone advise?

"Am not sure what I think of the product as am yet to use it properly - the reason being that I have a pet cat & did not realise that the product would affect her. The instructions say that Foxwatch should be 8 inches off the ground, but when I placed it at this level, my cat was affected. I think that a fox is a lot taller that 8 inches, so may try to place the product higher off the ground in the hope that the extra height will be out the range of my pet, but will still affect the foxes. Failing that, the product will have been a waste of money & I will still be left with the problem of being overrun by foxes."

I have a cat but cannot tell you if it is affected as it does not go in the back garden because it is scared of rabbits! However I know it does not affect the rabbits!

I good Foxwatch should be on a frequency that only affects foxes (and dogs i guess)

I have a FoxWatch as recommended to me by ParsnipBun.

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/fo...ce=googleads&gclid=CK_etLeM8aMCFYGX2Aod8yK23w

I can't vouch for how good it is. However, I know that ParsnipBun could tell from tracks left in the snow by a fox in her garden that the fox was definitely avoiding her FoxWatch.

I also have a CatWatch as the local cats kept visiting my garden and they have avoided my garden like the plague since I bought it.

They are not cheap but I have had the FoxWatch for 18 months where it has been outside in all weathers without any problems (except for the fact that I originally ran it off the mains and the buns ate through the cable).

That is the one I recommend - I have 5! (a large garden and lots of rabbits to protect!). However it is a deterrent NOT a guaranteed way of stopping all foxes at all times. It deters.

I would be concerned if the sonic fox deterrent could also affect the rabbits ears?- as rabbits have very sensitive hearing.

As has been mentioned on here before-male urine around the perimeter is alleged to work,(sprinkled from watering can).

Secure hutches.
sue:wave:

They do not affect rabbits at all (if I leave mine on in the daytime when the rabbits are out they come up and chin them!!).

The foxwatches are specifically tuned to frequencies that foxes find uncomfortable (a bit like the idea of the high pitched noise only teenagers can hear that are being used outside some newsagents etc)

Bolts are good - but its good to also deter the fox from coming into the garden at all. male urine is ok - but better still is an imitation of fox scent (available as 'Scoot'. Foxes are not silly and know that human urine is just that - and as some are no longer scared of humans it will not work.

I have one too and haven't had a fox in the garden for ages. We stopped using it though when we got the dog 6 months ago because it is at a frequency which would affect dogs.

Prior to that the fox would be in the garden 4-5 times a night!

I also found in winter you could see the fox tracks in the snow up the far end of the garden nowhere near the bunnies. And I see foxes in the park all the time so I know they are still in the area. They are expensive but I'd definitely recommend them.

when purchasing one it is important to ensure that they only come on when the movement of the fox (or whatever) triggers them. They must have a good sensor and lens. Those that are on all the time the fox just gets used to - like we get used to annoying radio or muzak in the background.

My neighbour keeps his dogs outside - would it affect them?

It should only affect them if they come into your garden. Something needs to trip the PIR to turn it on. I doubt the sound is loud enough to cause distress to the neighbours dog assuming they are on the other side of a fence or similar

I get mine from Foxolutions and it's called Scoot.

http://www.foxolutions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=9e4atf1u4m23eiucgn81kq89s1

I have to say that the first time I bought it I was quite surprised at how expensive it was but most people seem to rate it quite highly and a little of the powder mixed with water does cover quite a large area of ground.

Thank you for your reply.

How often does it need applying? How long would, say 100gm last for? xx

Hello everyone I have a fox watch working great when I got it I was told that the speaker on it should be at the same level as the foxes ears . Foxes average height is something like 30cm to 50 cm so I have my speaker at the height of 45cm and works great. Hope that helps fingers crossed

Back