• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oww..pat bit me :(

catxx

Mama Doe
Just a warning shot. She's a grumpy moo. Was only giving her a brush and she decided she'd had enough :( Just grazed and didn't really break the skin. I grunted at her back.

Hmph.

Sympathy from this direction. :wave: Spenser is having his first moult, and while he doesn't object to having his back brushed, he resists my attempts to do his front. By 'resists' I mean BITES!

she was fine at first and then it was front feet and mouth everywhere! they've almost finished their moult, it's just their back end, but I don't really want to wrestle with either of them to help them out yet.

she was fine at first and then it was front feet and mouth everywhere! they've almost finished their moult, it's just their back end, but I don't really want to wrestle with either of them to help them out yet.

It makes matters worse when you are trying to wrestle with a reluctant rabbit left-handed - broke my right arm earlier in the summer! :shock: Thankfully it's well on the mend and I hope I'll soon be able to pick up my big handsome boy again. He will not pleased. ;) Good luck with Pat. I take it Bob is more obliging?

I find it best to groom mine by taking them to a different area they don't know. Outside for Smudge cos he is VERY fluffy and the fur goes everywhere. In front of the tv for the other three. That way they are slightly out of their comfort zone and are more willing for me to do what I need to do, whether it's grooming or cutting nails.

noted! will try that next time! whisk them out and sit them on my lap at the garden table (don't the other half would appreciate bunny fur all around the living room)

noted! will try that next time! whisk them out and sit them on my lap at the garden table (don't the other half would appreciate bunny fur all around the living room)

Lucky, lucky you ... your bunnies will actually sit on your lap? Spenser only did that when I first brought him home and he was scared. :(

only when forced to. they're quite calm once you've picked them up! when Caroline delivered them she just plonked them on her lap and groomed, flipped them over, clipped their nails, not even a kick! when I've picked them up they've immediately calmed down once in my arms. complete opposite of the bunny I had when I was a kid about 15 years ago, once squirmed right over my shoulder and lept to the floor.

it's just the getting on to the lap which gets funny looks!

Oh well, I won't give up just yet then ... at the moment he travels from hutch to run in his carry-box. :roll::roll::roll:

Back