• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much longer will the stitches be there? D:

Zara

Mama Doe
Rascal had his snippity-snip nine days ago, and the stitches havn't dissolved yet so he STILL has to have the ruddy cone on his noggin since he's still trying to eat his own plums :roll: I keep cleaning his bum and feet for him, and even giving him a good ear scratch when he gets itchy, but the cone is driving both of us nuts.

How much longer do I have to wait for his stitches dissolved? They're showing no signs of budging, and I know Rascal is so frustrated with it on.

(He currently can't use his littertray, as the cone is in his way he's struggling to see where he's going. He's moved it all over his hutch, the scary thing is though he's put it neatly in each corner :shock:)

They've glewed his B**** well shut, that's for sure :shock:

I've no idea, sorry, but send my sympathies to both you and Rascal. It must be very frustrating. :wave:

disolvable stiches can stay in for ages! sometimes even a few months.
if they are still there after 10 days an bugging him, then you can ask the vet to take them out.

Yeah, I'll have to if they don't vanish in the next few days. It's not just him being unable to clean himself or running into walls (the latter still makes me laugh :roll:) that's the main problem, he's not been able to eat all of his nommy poops, I've been hand-feeding him them! :shock: I try to take it off every now and then to let him eat up his poops, but he always goes straight for his stitches :evil:

He keeps punishing us too, as in his eyes it's all our fault :roll: He intentionally pee'd all over our pillows whilst glaring at us, which would of been a hilarious sight, but I hate having to change the bedding (although I think that was in defiance on me having to syringe him baytril, he HATES the taste of it so much)

My poor fuzzy satelite bunny :cry:

Back in the good old days before dissolvable stitches, stitches used to be taken out post-neuter after 10 days. So even if the stitches are still there tomorrow, normally the wound should have healed over enough anyway so that it stays closed if the stitches come out. I would give your vets a buzz tomorrow and ask if it's ok to take the collar off.

i had my boy done 3 weeks ago he had to go back for a check up 2 weeks after op, the stitches were still in when i took him back the vet just snipped them out and said ' oh the stitches are still in normally thay chew them out'. he never had a cone.

yeah just let him chew them out , or take them out yourself....

they just snip and pull... my mom took our cats out using nail clippers- clipped and pull

only if you are sure they have healed....

Back