• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have a solo bunny?

Do you have a solo bunny?

• Yes

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 45.0%

• Total voters
Yes I have a single rabbit.
No he doesn't see other rabbits.
He is a houserabbit.
No, I don't want another rabbit.
No. it's not for health reasons.

I currently have 4 permanent indoor boys who are all single. Sky sees me as his bonded friend and sees anyone else as an intrusion, Star just attacks any other bunny ever, Angel is very dominant and didn't agree with any of the others here, Badger lost his friend in March but seems just as happy by himself. He didn't bond with Wish and there are not other options here.

Lightning lives outside and is currently single but has two girlfriends he has been dating and the bonding should be complete this week.

Autumn also lives outside and is single but he seems to lack completelt social skills with rabbits and does not understand he is a rabbit. He is far more comfortable with people, but he can't live inside because he us a danger to himself. Currently we open the back door and his accommodation is there so he gets to see us and interact with us a lot.

Flame and Wish were bonded until last week when they had to be split. Wish will probably remain alone unless she takes someone here but she will move in in the winter- if she makes it that far.

Flame has a home to go to where she will have two friends, but she has to be castrated first (yes, that's as stupid as it sounds).

Ideally I'd like to have only the four males in my room alone, but the three lops (Autumn, Flame, Wish) were all circumstances beyond my control.

yup i have 4 single buns at the moment
they all see other rabbits in thier runs
they live outside
one is single due to health reasons (cant get neutered)

the others are perfectly fine as they are, and cant be bonded:lol:

i would like them all to live together as i would be alot easier for me but i cant see that happening:lol:

I used to, but he went to the bridge. He was very content with me and had no health issues. :)

All my three are single buns. We have tried Peter with Tilly but he doesn't like her. We are thinking of now trying to bond Murphy with Tilly, but haven't got round to actually trying them yet. They do see each other when out in the garden. Tilly and Peter live indoors and Murphy outdoors.

Does your solo bunny see other buns- i.e in other runs? Nope

Is your sole bunny a house bunny and spends most of it's time with you? I spend as much time as possible with both house bunnies but Radish ends up getting more attention purely because she is in the living room.

Would you prefer another bunny friend for your bun - i.e a successful bonding or do you prefer giving your bun one on one attention? I would prefer a friend hence why we got Waffle. Sadly they didn't get on. I will be giving it one more go but if they don't bond they are both happy on their own.

Is it for health reasons? No

We have 2 single male bunnies out of our 26 bunnies - both of whom live inside with others.

Noah is totally freerange downstairs & can go to see other bunnies as he pleases - we have tried him with other bunnies & he doesn't like them. He sleeps on the bed with us & the cats at night. Noah will always be a single bun.

Finlay is on his own since losing his wifey last December - again we have tried him with some of our pairs, but he always picks fights. He's a very grumpy, territorial bunny! He lives at the side Alice & Wilson in one of the bedrooms but is freerange of the upstairs when we're in.

In time we may get him another wifey but at the moment he is totally happy on his own.

Both also get free range time outside where they can also see the outside buns.

They're ok interacting through mesh just not one on one with the other bunnies we have!!

Ive only ever had solo buns who chose to be that way Lilli-Mai a little girl who used to try and kill any rabbit she even saw through mesh :shock: even after a spey she was a very aggressive girly and hated all rabbits that went near her bless.

Crystal another rabbit who didnt didnt like others however she did fall in love with Misty after 3 years of being alone :)

Misty was a lone rabbit for about 6 weeks after Crystals death and i deffinatly saw a difference in his behaviour etc. he looked so sad and didnt want to do anything the second i introduced him to princess he binkyed liek mad and has since been his happy little self again :love:

I believe its a personal choice whether or not someone has a lone rabbit or not you can often tell if their lonely and some rabbits prefere to be alone.

Yes we have single bunny.
Yes she see's my other bunnies most days out in the run.
Her hutch is in the garage.
Yes I would like her to have a partner, but because of her anxious behavior & aggression, she can't be trusted. But I'm hoping that perhaps in time she will calm down and we can eventually bond her.

I have a solo bun partly because it took me 8 months to persuade my parents to let me keep a rabbit, and I thought I would have been pushing my luck if a bond didn't work and I wanted to put another hutch in their garden. He is not a house rabbit and doesn't see other buns. I know this isn't ideal, but he gets more attention and exercise here than his previous owner was able to give him. I don't think he's lonely (I am around the house a lot) , but I wouldn't rule out getting him a friend at some point.

Yes, 2 singles, brother and sister who failed to rebond after neutering, 2 failed attemps.

Yes they see each other all the time.

Would love them to get back together as it was our wish to have a pair of bonded buns after having singles in the past.

I have 3 solo buns.

1 will not bond, she is extremly aggressive to other bunnies and has a tummy condition that means it is best for her to live alone. She is very happy.

1 would bond but is very bossy so needs a careful choice of partner. He is very happy alone but I would like to bond him when finances allow.

The other is a house rabbit but doesn't like people. He is very timid and will box and grunt at people.

I have an intact buck, free ranging house rabbit - never well enough to neuter & we have bonded together both sides.
I'm at home 24/7 apart from shopping & foraging. We have times together "play times" & times apart, & special time before bed.
He's highly communicative, & likes human visitors.
He doesn't have contact with another rabbit - I wonder if he knows he is one! He's never behaved differently to people who have rabbits.

I have a single bunny and she lives indoors with ne and has attention everyday,not getting another bunny as yet bt may do in the future as still bonding with soph

I'm surprised at how many people have single rabbits, I thought it would be much less.

I have a single bunny at the moment who may possibly be unbondable after his fight with another rabbit which left him seriously injured. I am contemplating getting him a friend but first wanted the physically scars to heal, then the mental scars. I now feel he may be "emotionally ready" to be bonded but he is currently under going treatment so don't wish him to be stressed out more.

It's not an ideal situation at the moment and I'm desperate to get him a friend sometime soon x

No although I did until last week. He was very lonely by himself, always pulling on the side of the run trying to get to my other pair of rabbits. Couldn't be with them because the male hated him. :( So I got him a friend, best thing I've done! :love:

I have a single bun, Marble.

He is a house rabbit who lives in the living room so we are together all day long.

I am currently looking for a female to bond with him as I cant be with him 24/7 and I dont want him to be lonely.

Back