• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dougal has discovered the wide, wide world!

capel

Warren Veteran
Yes, we've changed his name from Alfie as from the side and back he looks like Dougal (dog from the Magic Roundabout). Anyway, he's getting very confident and follows us around like a little white shadow. We have to be very careful because he can't hear and his limited sight means he can't get out of the way of our feet in time! No mishaps so far, touch wood. He's been teetering on the edge of the back door for a couple of days but because of the high step (only 6" but I suppose it must seem like a cravaas to a partially sighted bunny lol) he'd not ventured outside. However yesterday I stood and watched him trying it out by tentatively feeling for the ground with one foot. I stepped over him so that he could smell me in front of him and down he came. He sniffed the air for a bit and then set off to explore the back patio, the two hutches and the side of the house. Rog grabbed the camera and we followed! Here are 4 short clips of him having his adventure!

Thanks for sharing - looks like he has found his paws with you, depite his deafness and limited sight. :love::love::love: He is the little fellow who was fast asleep on his hooman's knees in an earlier post? I think Dougal suits him perfectly. :wave:

He's adorable! He's certainly made himself at home.......racing around and investigating those interesting gaps!!
Dougal suits him:love:
xx

Thanks for sharing - looks like he has found his paws with you, depite his deafness and limited sight. :love::love::love: He is the little fellow who was fast asleep on his hooman's knees in an earlier post? I think Dougal suits him perfectly. :wave:

Yup..that's the bun!! That was when I was trying desperately to convince myself that we did NOT need a housebun!!:roll::lol:

Yup..that's the bun!! That was when I was trying desperately to convince myself that we did NOT need a housebun!!:roll::lol:

Aaaaahhh but that was before you met Dougal ;) :lol:

This little man melts my heart every time I see him!! :love::love::love:

I am so, so happy he's landed on all four paws :love:

Well, at least you tried. :lol::lol::lol: Not sure that anyone was ever convinced... ;) Hope to see more photos of your very special little fluffster. :love::love::love:

Thats great to see - he was getting a bit of speed up there too. Can he hear at all Hilda?[/QUOTE]

Very little. He did react once when a door slammed but that may have been vibration. You can walk right up behind him and he's unaware. Doesn't react to the hoover either...

I think the video is playing a bit fast. He doesn't quite gallop as quickly as it seems. lol

Back