• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just brought a new bunny home - am shocked!

Went to pet shop yesterday late afternoon to get bits for Lola, and my 6yr old saw a baby rabbit in there that was the spitting image of Charlie who if you have read my recent post will know that he was taken by a fox on Thursday night. :cry:
He was asking and asking and I just said, no we are not buying a rabbit from here, and anyway, it's a boy and we want a girl (we had decided to find another doe for Lola as Charlie was a doe - my son insisted she was called Charlie!).
Anyway, the pet shop assistant came over and said that actually they did have a female out the back in the warehouse who no-one wanted. She had been overlooked for months and as they had a ready supply of 8 week old 'cute' babies they didn't know what to do with her! :evil::shock:
I didn't dare ask them what they intended to do next with her, just said I'd take her without even looking at her!
She is an agouti lop ( ''as no-one want a wild rabbit coloured pet'' :evil:) and apparently a dwarf so i think from her size she must be 4-5 months old. She is beautiful and the sweetest little thing ever. I have called her Peppa and she and Lola and getting aquainted through wire pens. Lola seems happier already :D I am still seething!

Well done for recuing her! :wave: I posted on your other thread, and was so sorry for that awful experience. Glad some happiness has followed so quickly and very best wishes to Peppa.

So sorry to hear about charlie. Am glad peppa has found a new forever home with you, good luck with the bonding.

I am just so glad i had the kids with me! Otherwise i would never have even known she was there and i dread to think what would of happened to her..... i will try and figure out how to post pics later on, but as i am so busy with the kids/rabbits for the next few days it may be Tuesday before i get a chance. Peppa really is the cutest little thing..... and a ''bargain'' too at £7 which is what i had to pay for her :evil:

*please note the sarcasm*!:D

That's lovely news & well done for giving her a home :D Some pics would be lovely :love:

Please forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs:

Are you aware of the importance of getting girly buns spayed?
Have you bonded two buns before?

:):):)

Aww! I don't understand why people hate wildie-coloured bunnies, I go head over heals for pet bunnies with natural colouring :love:

Bless, she'll be so happy now. Bet her little heart was breaking feelin that no one or bun loved her. Which pet store was this if you don't mind me asking? We are starting a campaign to get livestock trading laws tightened or ideally changed in particular the plight of pet shop rabbits. I spent all day yesterday going to some real grotty places to gather some information, which once compiled is going to the head offices, animal welfare charitys, mp's-press etc to name a few, it will be a long haul but we're not going to give up. There are too many heart breaking stories and it's time for the disposable pet attitude to stop and for traders to take the penalty for their negligent care of innocent little lives and the low grade cheap and cheerful approach to animal care and husbandry. Sorry went off on a tangent a bit there lol. Good on you for giving her a lovely home. I would get her vet checked as she may hate been overlooked by the staff whilst on the reject shelf :( good luck x x

Thats so nice, I adore agouti buns, Tilly my agouti is the sweetest little rabbit ever, sure yours will turn out to be the same.:)

Im so glad she found you, well done for taking her, its obviously meant to be.
im so sorry about charlie. xxxxxxxxx

Back