• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a Hulstlander rabbit. How common are these?/UD photo posted

rabbitapril

Mama Doe
Looking through my Encyclopedia or rabbits and rodents i found the exact description of i bunny i own.
But in the book it says "at present the breed appears to be entirely restricted to the country of its birth ((province of Overijssel Holland) "
I realise the book is a few years old now and i definitly have one, i wonderd if anyone else cares for one of these beautiful pure white buns with blue eyes.
The book also says they are tempremental and not sutible as childrens pet. This is the very reason that she come to live with me as her previous owners found her as a stray but couldnt cope wirh her "firey" nature. Although she can be a sweetie:love:
Excited to hear from another Hulstlander owner:wave:

Last edited:
Here's a thread about rare breed rabbits and hulstlander is on that thread. Can we have piccies please I don't think I have seen them before. :)

I dont know how to post pictures but i will try and get someome to post one for me later. Gonna try and find the thread you mentiond now. thanks:wave:

This is Abby. This is the bunny I believe to be a Hulstlander.

bern263.jpg

Round here I'd say they were one of the more common rare varieties. I met a lot yesterday at a show, some were a bit nippy, others were fine. There were two that were always stood up on their back legs :lol: Lovely fluffy coat and gorgeous eyes :D

Round here I'd say they were one of the more common rare varieties. I met a lot yesterday at a show, some were a bit nippy, others were fine. There were two that were always stood up on their back legs :lol: Lovely fluffy coat and gorgeous eyes :D

They move right round up on there back legs When i pick Porky up he leans right back, my other hulstlander did the same hes very terrioral and will lunge and bite:shock:

Ive got 1 Porky:) He is my second hustlander
Photo0201.jpg

Oh, i am delighted to find someone else with a Hulstlander. Is he called Porky bacause he feels "porky:shock:" or for another reason?
I thought Abby was a bit fat but now i think that maybe how she is meant to feel chunky:)
She boxes my hand with her front feet and growels but does not bite. But i cant say she spends much time periscoping:?
I love her what ever:love:

Abbys fur is so deep, but she is moulting now and gets angry when i pull her tufts out:shock:
As you are in Yorkshire, and say they are more common in this area I started to wonder where she may have come from. Could she as "surpless stock" been bought from a pet shop or is it more likely that she was bought directly from a breeder? I know you arn't phsycic:lol: I was just trying to work out her previous life.:)

Oh, i am delighted to find someone else with a Hulstlander. Is he called Porky bacause he feels "porky:shock:" or for another reason?
I thought Abby was a bit fat but now i think that maybe how she is meant to feel chunky:)
She boxes my hand with her front feet and growels but does not bite. But i cant say she spends much time periscoping:?
I love her what ever:love:

He was called Porky before i got him because he was rather Porky :lol::lol: They are quite stocky chunky rabbits anyway:)

Abbys fur is so deep, but she is moulting now and gets angry when i pull her tufts out:shock:
As you are in Yorkshire, and say they are more common in this area I started to wonder where she may have come from. Could she as "surpless stock" been bought from a pet shop or is it more likely that she was bought directly from a breeder? I know you arn't phsycic:lol: I was just trying to work out her previous life.:)

I usually see at least one or two, but a few times there's been quite a lot, then again I'm not sure exactly how popular they are in other places. I don't know much about the breed, so can't tell just by looking at her if she's been bred from someone intending to show, or just as a pet, but there's one breeder near me that I know of.

Thanks for reply demismith, i am just glad she is with me now.:love:

Bluebunny, i think porky is a great name. Abby loves her food but i greatly restrict her diet i think she would eat untill she burst:)

Back