• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helping Fox the fox with your neighbours!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
If possible mention to neighbours and people in your street that you need to keep an eye out for foxes and ask them to tell you if they see one - that way you can build a pattern of behaviour for your local fox and also get to know if a new one is seen out and about at different times or during the day.

You may also learn of foxes in your area that you have never seen but the neighbours do (maybe they are early risers or late up and see one when you are in bed). Knowing what is going on fox-wise in your area is an important part of being fox-aware.

In 12 years I have only seen a fox 3 times in my area but piecing together info from neighbours increased that to about 50 reportings!!!! A very different thing when you are considering how best to protect your rabbits.

Fox Watch

What a good idea. Like Neighbourhood Watch. They're such messy destructive things everyone needs to know about thm, not just rabbit owners.

Great idea! I've never seen a fox near my house, but a couple of neighbours mentioned that they have seen one early morning across the road from us so I don't take any chances.

Someone a few streets away didn't know and lost her buns to foxes :(

Back