• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried Plantain and Clover and Plantain Mix

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I wish I could afford to buy it more than once a week (a Sunday Treat!!) as EVERYBUN just LOVES it :love:

39 Buns cant all be wrong :lol:

Aww... reminds me of Dusty bun as she adored dry plantain and it was fine for her dodgy tum.

They are 2 of the commonest plants/weeds around. A cemetry or churchyard is a good place to look in a city. Any short grassed lane in the country - just clear of traffic, & dogs!

ETA I wouldn't worry about wildies, they eat them 1st.

I put a sprikling of dandelion and plantain in the hutch so that Spenser has a treat to root for when he goes back for the night. I'm rather worried at present because he is going to run out before the next delivery. I buy it from the RWA online shop - they have had it on offer for most of the summer. I can get dandelion in local pet shops, but they don't stock plantain. Hope Jane's buns enjoy their Sunday treat. :wave:

Jane, if you can't find any plantains growing locally, seeds can be bought from the hay experts - you could have some pots of it growing on the windowsill and it miht work out cheaper :)

My buns love it too. I have an endless supply of fresh stuff from work cso plantain is resilient and pesky lawn weed :evil::lol:

Back