• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding going well!! :) Pictures!!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Ok so we feel we have now made it to the stage of non stop bonding now, anyone staying awake through the night to keep me company?! :roll:

Last edited:
Ok so we feel we have now made it to the stage of non stop bonding now, anyone staying awake through the night to keep me company?! :roll:

I would do, but since i have done over 15 hours of driving in the last 48 hours, theres really not much cha....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:lol:

If you gently keep stroking them they will keep getting to bond with you more and more and maybe if you give them a treat if there nice to you x
Loppy2
Hope it helps!

If you gently keep stroking them they will keep getting to bond with you more and more and maybe if you give them a treat if there nice to you x
Loppy2
Hope it helps!

Thankyou Loppy, I probably was not clear, I am very bonded with the babies, I am trying to get them to bond to one another.

Touch wood- good! I am so proud of them! :love:
There is still SOME occasional mild chasing but nothing like it has been, we have had a small amount of grooming (Jims on Cookie) and they have slept VERY close to each other. Ia m in for another night of awake- ness, anyone joining me?! :roll:

:roll: Well there still seems to be slight aggression over food (Jimby becomes grumpy and chases Cookie away, then when he is satisfied he will let her eat :roll:)
They have been together since 2.30pm Saturday afternoon.

Yeah I found food times the worst. It still can be with my lions'. They do love each other but when Smudge runs around excited Nutmeg misunderstands and thinks he's chasing her.

:lol: So that may not stop then? :shock:
How long do they HAVE to be in the pen supervised 24/7?
When would I know they are ready to move in together?

Oh that's my Nutmeg, she doesn't follow rules of convention. :lol: I expect whoever is top bun will till do it to a certain extent for a while. It's an area of dominance I suppose.

I had mine watched 24-7 for a few days but I had 4 so it took longer to establish a tentative bond. Has there been grooming?

Well we smeared some honey on to Cookie's head and Jims did groom her, e also did it very slightly after it had worn off.
He wants to be groomed and keeps putting his head down for Cookie but I dont think she speaks 'bunny' :lol:

Is Jimby the one chasing Cookie at meal times? Have you tried the honey the other way round?

Just wondering if Jimby wants to be top bun but Cookie doesn't understand.

Back