• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bald patch on dog, any ideas?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
My little long haired dachshund, Chester has a clear, pink, absolutly bald patch on his back leg - on the wee elbowy bit where the back leg bends, if you know what I mean! Just noticed it today.

Was going to watch it for a week and see if hair starts growing before I take him to the vet, but I'm thinking that maybe I should take him just in case. Anyone any experience of this? It's not causing him any discomfort and it is not red or inflamed - just bald!! About an inch or two in length. :?

Here he is!
DSC00913.jpg

what a sweetie :love:
I'd just keep an eye on it, hopefully its nothing. If you call them they will probably say to take him in, but if you need peace of mind then its probably worth the trip and the consultation.

what a sweetie :love:
I'd just keep an eye on it, hopefully its nothing. If you call them they will probably say to take him in, but if you need peace of mind then its probably worth the trip and the consultation.

Yea. I never have left anything I've noticed in the 14 years I've had him. This would be just the time I leave something and it happens to be serious!! I'll see how it looks on Monday. Not an emergency I think so I'll avoid the all hours vet fees and think about it after the weekend!!

Back