• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An emotional rescue this morning!!

logiebear

Young Bun
I run a guinea pig rescue and this morning I headed over to Liverpool to rescue 10 piggies. When I got there this guy was pretty unbelievable!

I walked in his garden to see that he is "giving up guinea pig breeding to concentrate on breeding rabbits" so I asked what rabbits and he showed me their "shed". I was almost in tears, it's just awful, this guy is going to be breeding french lops and he has them in 4ftx18" hutches!!!! He was trying to sell me the guinea pig hutches from his shed and they were 18" cubes!!

I told him they would need a shed each and he laughed!! They were only young and they filled the bloomin hutches already! I will have to wait until Mon to ring the RSPCA too!!

Why are people so unbelievable? I sat in my car crying after driving away but there was no way he was surrendering them but I hope he will give them more room, he has plenty of space and 3 massive sheds!!

it will depend on who answers at the national call center, to work the "system" you have to say they have no food dirty conditions and no clean water and the size of the hutch but I don't think it will stop him,

Another one to add to the already massive and ever growing list of bad breeders.:(

Last edited:
My buns think they are hard done to when they are confined to their shed! Poor buns they will develop all sorts of problems in something that small :(

Back