• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies wearing collars

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Ive seen several photos of bunnies wearing collars, for instance, on here:

http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/

second photo down.

Why would buns wear collars? Does anyone on here put them on their buns?

My buns cant get out of my house so I see no reason for them to be wearing ID... is this why some buns have them??

Sorry for the questions! I am curious! I dont think mine would like wearing them!

I know of a rabbit who wears a collar with a tag on that allows him to use the cat flap to get in and out of the house.

it is not something I would put on a rabbit, as I see no need for it.

My cats don't even wear collars, so I don't see any reason for a rabbit to :?
i think it is probably just because it looks 'cute' :roll:

I dont like them even my cat dosent wear one any longer he has had far too many mishaps wearing one. xxx

I'd never collar a rabbit.. can imagine the trouble it could get in :shock:

Ditto.... kind of makes me shudder to think of what could happen if it got caught on something or if they got their foot stuck..... I've seen so many collar injuries on various programmes involving cats and can only imagine a rabbit would be even more at risk - I think mine would risk injury to me and themselves whilst having one fitted never mind anything else. :?

I know that, I am not thinking about collaring my rabbit!

Lol I didn't doubt that! :p

I just meant that a collar would be a poor excuse in terms of needing ID as there are better, safer methods. My post was a bit brief - I am very tired as haven't slept properly and had a verrryyy long day at work and am now drinking red wine. So I'm sorry if it looked like I was implying *you* would do that. :oops:

I think I'm still a bit in shock that anyone puts a collar on their bunnies I guess!! It would never have even crossed my mind! :shock:

surely not!

Surely not a collar - a strangling risk. But maybe a harness? Ours used to go wear them to go for walks.

I kept the collar on him because I usually left his cage open and he would come and go as he pleased and that way I could find him more easily.

This is her reason why if you view comments.

Last edited:
You have to be careful with collars on any animal, cats and dogs have died as a result of collars, I know some dog owners who only use a collar for walkies due to having a collar mishap in the past.

Oh, I didnt check the comments, I admit sometimes its hard to keep track of the wee sods underfoot but I would be more scared of the collar getting caught.....

hehehehe, you guys will dissaprove but I used to put a collar on my bridge bun Hermy...Honestly, only reason I put it on her was to get cute photos :oops: She honestly didn't care she was wearing it. Took is off straight after photos were taken.

and she did look cute didn't she :love: Miss her absolute buckets though. Still have this collar in her memory.
xdghtjnrey5juh.jpg

Back