• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox got Charlie.

Yesterday morning i discovered my gorgeous dwarf lop, Charlie decapitated in the garden. Actually, Charlie was my 6yr old sons rabbit, and it was my son who found him first. I am devastated and feeling so guilty right now i can begin to tell you.
6 months ago I bought them a huge 6x2x2 two storey hutch that seemed like a great hutch for the money, but they had chewed through the second level floor to such an extent that i had had to dismantle it and start rebuilding it as a 6x2x2 single level hutch. As this took far longer than i had expected i left them out in their run overnight. They had a hide, were on the patio, and the run was fully covered with chicken wire.
I knew that foxes could chew through the wire, but thought ''it's just for one night'' so it'll be fine.
Well it wasn't, and the fox chewed through the wire in the lid and took poor Charlie.
Please Please Please..... learn from my STUPID mistake..... you only have to mess up ONE time and you will pay the price.

Oh I'm so, so sorry. :cry:

Have you a shed? I can't recommend a shed highly enough. If there's any chance you can convert a shed to a bunny house please do. They are so much safer.

Rest In Peace Charlie bun.

We ahev a big garage that under normal circumstances i would have put them in, but on Thursday evening hubby spilt a load of petrol in there so it stand of petrol fumes..... Lola is in my utility room now looking miserable. She has never been on her own and is missing her sister so much.

Oh gosh how horrible for you and your poor son. How is he dealing with this?
Binky Free Charlie :cry:

He was very brave about the whole thing and tried very hard to pretend that he wasn't crying into his porridge :cry:
His little sister who is 4 sobbed the whole way to school bawling 'the fox ate Charlie' at the top of her lungs :shock:

hmm you sure it was a fox they dont normally take the head they eat the whole thing and take it away

thats sounds more like a stote or rat or even a stray cat may do that but more like a rat or stote

i have seen it a few times and 9 out of 10 its been a rat

Oh my :( that's so sad! I feel for you all so very much. I can't imagine how gutted you all must feel.

My thoughts are with you all.

Binky free Charlie xxx

Back