• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some woman just jumped over my back garden wall to ask about my rabbits?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Does anyone think this is rude.

Some woman just jumped over my back wall after knocking on the front door and noone answered- I didn't answer as i've got an ear infection and don't want to speak to anyone today.

I've not been up that long and the water bottle for ama is running low after filling it up last night. I don't normally get up so late but i've been in agony all night and being sick due to food poisoning from the chinese ( I had veggie rice and chips though- so may not be that - could be a reaction to the co-codamol i was taking.

So the buns have had to wait this morning to get there bottles refilled I last did them last night before midnight.

I'm in all day everyday practically so i have loads of time with my buns to get things done. I have just been sat on RU, when i hear this knocking on the window.

Some woman is stood there pearing in asking about the bottles. I said they were filled last night. I felt totally invaded that she just jumps over the wall trespassing!

She then said- her daughter would like a rabbit- she wants her to have one so that she can practice being responsible - are they expensive. I said i don't breed them.

After which she said okay - sorry for jumping over the fence and proceeded to look at all the bunnys on her way out- inspecting hutches that were not even used. I was wondering if she was sizing up what she could steal later(skeptical, but this is a bad area and i have £1000's of pounds worth of stuff in the yard.)

I wouldn't mind but i find it total invasion of privacy. I now have to move my stuff in the shed to the cellar- because i have lawnmower, runs, hutches, alot outside not in use that can be stolen.

Would anyone else be annoyed with this?
Is it illegal to start nosying around someone elses property?

Thanks
Ambience xx

Last edited:
What a ridiculous woman and how dare she?
You may just have to put up a "No Trespassing" sign on your garden wall and hope that she realizes how improper that was and not to do it again!
Maybe even post one that says "Smile! You are on camera!"

i can GUARANTEE you that she thought you were out and was either sussing your house out for a burglary / or considering stealing a bunny or hutch...

the 'daughter wants a rabbit' excuse was because u caught her there...

you should CERTAINLY call the police and report this and offer a description, in case any burglaries take place in the area....or sus incidents with a similar MO

Please report it. Its not rude, you interrupted a burglary. keep your house locked up for a couple of weeks and improve your security

Good god yes that is rude, I would have gone out and grabbed her and chucked her out with the threat of calling the police if I saw her near my house again :evil:

And its not illegal for her to be in your garden (there is a civil offence of tresspass but nothing police would deal with) unless the offence of 'being on an enclosed premises' applies.

i can GUARANTEE you that she thought you were out and was either sussing your house out for a burglary / or considering stealing a bunny or hutch...

the 'daughter wants a rabbit' excuse was because u caught her there...

you should CERTAINLY call the police and report this and offer a description, in case any burglaries take place in the area....or sus incidents with a similar MO

Please report it. Its not rude, you interrupted a burglary. keep your house locked up for a couple of weeks and improve your security

I have to concur, sounds like someone casing your place.

I have to concur, sounds like someone casing your place.

I see stuff like this every day at work, just count yourself lucky that you saw her- write down anything your remember about her... and if you saw any vehicles around or anyone with her.

Again, I hate to go on but please do call the police because someone in the next street may have been burgled by her / her friends and you may be the only witness

I'd call the police AND put up the "you're on camera" signs. Lock everything up and make sure you have security lights.

Thankyou everyone- i didn't think it was normal. - The garden is enclosed- but one wall is lower than the rest at the end near the gate- so she has jumped over it. It is still quite a jump from the floor. I remember her being about in her 30's, dark hair-i struggle to give a description ,but i'd recognise her if i saw her again.

If i report it will the police come out to my house? I am really poorly today with an ear infection and don't really want to have to deal with anyone. I will do it tommorow however, when these antibiotics start kicking in hopefully.

Thanks
Ambience xx

personaly i would report if police come out dose yourself up,

i feel this is very important someone else may get burgled today,

i agree with others the fact she jumped over your wall after no one answered the front, is a case for burglary, and ther has been quite a few bunny napping lately too.

as for poisoning could the rice ;) if not heated rice can make you icky

I'd call it in today - they can probably take all the details over the phone and you can always put them off should they want to come (though I doubt they will) by telling them you are poorly.

I think those tablets are prone to make people sick - they did me and my MIL is on them - she was sick too 'till the Dr told her she should not have taken them on an empty stomach now she takes after food and is fine.

personaly i would report if police come out dose yourself up,

i feel this is very important someone else may get burgled today,

i agree with others the fact she jumped over your wall after no one answered the front, is a case for burglary, and ther has been quite a few bunny napping lately too.

as for poisoning could the rice ;) if not heated rice can make you icky

Thanks- will give them a call and see what they say.
Ambience xx

p.s i've reported it- they gave me an incident number and said they will pass onto local officers to make them aware. She said it sounded abit strange.

Yes that's what i thought think i will stay away from takeaways :)

Last edited:
sorry to hear you have an ear infection i know how miserable that is!
are your buns locked in at night? im worried she may come back and steal one for her 'daughter'.
hope you feel better soon.

Why did she knock on the window and draw attention to herself though? Could she see someone was in and was worried about being spotted herself. :?

Have you ever seen this woman before,why would she jump over the fence?was it to see if she could?I think you should report her to the police :shock:Hope you are ok

i feel reassured :)

good :) I did nip out to the shop and see a car hanging about down the back alleyway. Hope this isn't a group trying to see what they can pinch. I'm on my guard anyway and i'll stay in this weekend and sleep in the back room with the window open, nearest to the buns. I am aware now so i'll make sure i keep my eyes open and check on them regularly.

Ambience xx

Back