• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

muffys eye in a bad way

jill

Warren Scout
i went out to let bunnys out this morn my female muffy who is blind in one eye is sitting head to one side her blind eye is red inside she must have
hurt it badly ive phoned vets iam there at 7.15 at end of sugery do u think he will put her
to sleep :(

Last edited:
Sorry I don't really understand the description? Her blind eye? Do you mean the eye is still there or has been removed? If blind do you mean it is white and cloudy? If it is red and this is a sudden change then I think this would be a cause for concern and she should see the vet asap, can you not get an appointment before this evening?

Is she eating and pooping normally and well in herself generally?

sorry iam just worried sick she has one white cloudy eye now its red like blood and shes
in pain when i phoned the vets she said she had no appointments left
today so could i come at 7.15 and wait

sorry iam just worried sick she has one white cloudy eye now its red like blood and shes
in pain when i phoned the vets she said she had no appointments left
today so could i come at 7.15 and wait

When you say she is in pain do you mean she is not eating or moving about? I'm afraid you need to call your vet back and insist on an emergency appointment before then if you think she is in pain. If they will not see you then can you phone another vet nearby? They are obliged to see you if it is an emergency. I would be insisting on an appointment right now. Good luck and try not to worry, there is no reason that this means she needs to be pts until we know what has happened. take care x

I agree with prettylupin...this definitely sounds like an emergency.

I wonder if her clouded eye has ruptured or something like that?

Sorry, I have only just seen this: how did your bunny get on at the vets?
I would consider having the eye removed if it is badly damaged or likely to cause further problems, assuming your bunny is well otherwise xx

update muffys eye is much better its not as red inside :)
i worry for future accidents though :(
her babys will be weaned soon so she will have her cage
to herself

When you say she is in pain do you mean she is not eating or moving about? I'm afraid you need to call your vet back and insist on an emergency appointment before then if you think she is in pain. If they will not see you then can you phone another vet nearby? They are obliged to see you if it is an emergency. I would be insisting on an appointment right now. Good luck and try not to worry, there is no reason that this means she needs to be pts until we know what has happened. take care x
Sorry to invade this post but your Dutch rabbit is a stunner

Back