• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet my foster bunnies U/D Post 22 "Mr Shy" still needs a home 7months on :(

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Please meet my foster bunnies U/D Post 22 "Mr Shy" still needs a home 7months on :(

I'm doing a short-term foster for Sue's Rabbit Rescue in Dewsbury so that Mick and Sue can take a holiday (they've found short-term foster places for about 30 rabbits!). These are the four who are with me.

These bunnies were dumped and are believed to be a family. One of the black girls is believed to be the mother and the others her off-spring. She is very close to her daugher and they are to be rehomed together, both estimated to be under one year old, (as yet not spayed). The REWs are both boys and were recently neutered.

They are all very beautiful, a little shy but also quite cheeky. REW 1 (known at the mo by me as Mr Cheeky) will be a really cheeky bunster, he rattles the bars if I'm paying attention to the girls :roll: REW2 (Mr Shy) sometimes stays 'out' if he sees you coming from a distance but he usually bolts and hides :cry::cry: He's definitely learning that his brother gets treats by being cheeky so he's trying it bit by bit :love::love:

They are all quite small bunnies. Sadly, they are likely to be in rescue for a while as they are plain black and REW bunnies :cry::cry::cry:

Mr Cheeky:
PICT3588.jpg

PICT3587.jpg

PICT3589.jpg

PICT3592.jpg

PICT3590.jpg

Mr Shy
PICT3593.jpg

The girls: Orchid and Tulip
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=20712
PICT3596.jpg

PICT3598.jpg

PICT3602.jpg

PICT3600.jpg

PICT3606.jpg

Last edited:
They are all beautiful - I wish them well and hope they buck the trend and find lovely new homes. :wave:I have an adopted REW. I didn't know some colours were more difficult to rehome than others until I joined the Forum. Spenser was the most suitable bunny the lady I rehomed from for a first-time bunny mum, and I never really thought about his colour. She told me she had a black rabbit elsewhere, and the only reason I didn't go to see him was that I am hopeless at choosing.

:wave: Thanks

They are all beautiful - I wish them well and hope they buck the trend and find lovely new homes. :wave:I have an adopted REW. I didn't know some colours were more difficult to rehome than others until I joined the Forum. Spenser was the most suitable bunny the lady I rehomed from for a first-time bunny mum, and I never really thought about his colour. She told me she had a black rabbit elsewhere, and the only reason I didn't go to see him was that I am hopeless at choosing.

I must admit I'd probably have not seen black, white or agouti rabbits the same as the prettier ones in the past :oops::oops: I've never looked after REWs before either, I wouldn't have not got a bunny because of pink eyes but it wouldn't have been my first choice :( Mr Cheeky however has changed my feelings towards pink eyes. :love::love:

I adopted Lavender (REW) and her two sons Oxo and Pippin (black buns) from Mick and Sue in Dewsbury. I hope they have a good holiday they deserve it. They have done really well to manage to foster out all their rescues.

What are Rew bunnies? How come they are overlooked so much? The ones u r fostering look lovely. Are they big rabbits?

REW = Red Eyed White. Most people just don't go for the 'plain' rabbits when there are more unusual ones to choose.

The foster bunnies are quite small, possibly not fully grown yet but I'd guess about 2kg bunnies (going by the fact that most of my bunnies are 2.5 - 3kg, so I'm just guessing).

REW = Red Eyed White. Most people just don't go for the 'plain' rabbits when there are more unusual ones to choose.

The foster bunnies are quite small, possibly not fully grown yet but I'd guess about 2kg bunnies (going by the fact that most of my bunnies are 2.5 - 3kg, so I'm just guessing).

aww they r gorgeous. If only i could have another!

:love::love::love::love: They're adorable. I never realised before RU that certain colours were harder to rehome and I still can't understand why.

:wave: Thanks everybody.

These bunnies really are adorable. I managed to have Mr Shy begging today instead of bolting away and Mr Cheeky let me give him a nose rub (I don't think he noticed to be honest he had is eye on the prize) :lol::lol:

An update:

The girls have someone interested in them :D:D:D

It's feeling a bit like a bereavement at the moment :oops::oops: but all four are going back to the rescue tomorrow but it's fantastic that the girls have *probably* got a home lined up and one of the boys might have too :D

I'm so excited for them :love::love::love:

Back